LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..?

Thread: LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..?

Has anyone here purchased a LANGE from the Dubai Mall at their huge Boutique and is it possible to get 25% a Lange 1815 Chrono..? Really in the mood for a LANGE NEW...
    Breguet Traditional 7077BB
    Breguet Marine Royale 5847BB
    Rolex Cosmograph Daytona SOLID ROSE GOLD Chocolate Dial
    Rolex Sky Dweller SOLID YELLOW GOLD Silver Dial
    Audemars Piguet Jules Chronometer 26100BC

Re: LANGE Boutique Discounts possible in DUBAI..?

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Lange does not offer discounts at their boutique locations.

Has anyone bought from a boutique instead of from an AD? Were there any "perks" available there that weren't elsewhere?

At least in the two HK boutiques the policy is no discounts. In terms of perks, you can order a custom engraving on the balance cock with your initials free of charge. You can also pick any strap you like and depending on the model sometimes they can throw in a deployant instead of a pin buckle. They also seem to get larger allocations of limited models (Datograph Lumen was still possible to request in May of this year, for example), but will only sell them to you if you spend a certain amount on non-limited models first.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraltar View Post
    In terms of perks, you can order a custom engraving on the balance cock with your initials free of charge.
    That is a VERY cool perk as long as you plan to keep the watch in your collection forever, or to pass it down one day.

I wonder what the turnaround time on that kind of request is. I'd imagine they're essentially building a new watch just for you, rather than disassembling one and swapping out the balance cock.

I've heard no discounts at the boutique, but they'll probably throw in a baseball cap or maybe a long sleeve t-shirt, so....

lol here's a $20 baseball cap as a gift for buying our $20,000 watch

Hmm I haven't heard of this either. Where did you hear this from?

Here's what I don't understand: Whatever "perk" you hope to get by buying at a boutique needs to be worth at least as much as the money you would've saved buying the watch at an AD that can make an accommodation on price.

Let's say you're buying a Saxonia Thin for $15,200 and you found an AD who is willing to give you a 10% discount. That means whatever perks the boutique offers has to be "worth" at least $1,520 for you to break even. I suppose $1,520 is a value one could justify for a custom engraved balance cock. But would they throw in a $3,000 deployant, too?

How about buying a Lange 1 for $34,700 at an AD with a 10% discount. Now boutique perks have to be "worth" at least $3,470. You're almost breaking even if they offer to throw in a deployant (that's if you even wanted one in the first place). Add that to custom engraving on the balance cock and it might be worth it if you want both of those things.

But what about the high-roller big spenders? The Datograph Up/Down lists for $71,600. What are you getting by buying at the boutique that is worth the $7,160 you could've saved at an AD?

The only other benefit to buying at a boutique that I can think of is that building a relationship directly with Lange through multiple, full-price purchases, could open up opportunities to buy limited edition pieces later on.

Almost a year back, I was in the mood for a Saxonia thin. I checked then at Lange's Dubai Mall boutique and they were willing to offer 10-13% discount after checking with the manager. You should expect similar for the 1815 chrono
    Current collection
    Rolex Submariner
    Panerai PAM 352
    Panerai PAM 663

Flipped
    Omega Seamaster PO 600m Chronograph
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Panerai PAM 00
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim

Quote Originally Posted by AKD1 View Post
    Almost a year back, I was in the mood for a Saxonia thin. I checked then at Lange's Dubai Mall boutique and they were willing to offer 10-13% discount after checking with the manager. You should expect similar for the 1815 chrono
    Hi there and thanks for your input into this. I really want one of those 1815 Chrono's and not to particular on what one actually. I was there 2 years ago in Dubai and spent the better part of a day looking at all the awesome watch shops at the Dubai Mall and at that time I had just bought 2 Breguet's several days before we departed for Dubai . I thought it was better I not just buy another watch at that time. Is there also a VAT that would be added to the price also..? I will buy me something and if it is not a watch I will get me another 22CWT Chain with about 300 Grams to it..:)
    Breguet Traditional 7077BB
    Breguet Marine Royale 5847BB
    Rolex Cosmograph Daytona SOLID ROSE GOLD Chocolate Dial
    Rolex Sky Dweller SOLID YELLOW GOLD Silver Dial
    Audemars Piguet Jules Chronometer 26100BC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information