My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming - Page 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

Beautiful watch. Congrats man. Absolutely love Lange’s artistic engineering.
    kiwi71 likes this.
    ♕ 116500LN | ♕ 126710BLRO | ♕ 116610LV | ♕ 116610LN (LB) | PAM00168

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekaze2180 View Post
    Great pics of a great timepiece. Where did you buy it ? Im wary of buying pre-owned but really want a saxonia thin in yellow gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually found it on Chrono24 via a dealer in Germany. They had over 300 positive reviews and were very responsive to my many questions. Sent lots of extra photos. I was able to see the case number on the watch and the papers and compare them to CFR’s database. There’s always a risk but I felt pretty comfortable by the time I pulled the trigger. The shipping was lighting quick too. 2 days from Germany to the US and no customs issues.
    weisscomposer and CFR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    So happy for you! You made a great choice, and I hope you continue to love it. You may find yourself taking it off and staring at the movement a lot.
    Oh I know I will. I thought the movements on my JLC and Omega were pretty great to look at but this is a whole other level.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi71 View Post
    I actually found it on Chrono24 via a dealer in Germany. They had over 300 positive reviews and were very responsive to my many questions. Sent lots of extra photos. I was able to see the case number on the watch and the papers and compare them to CFR’s database. There’s always a risk but I felt pretty comfortable by the time I pulled the trigger. The shipping was lighting quick too. 2 days from Germany to the US and no customs issues.
    congrats! i saw the ad browsing chrono 24 and it was a pretty good deal im trying to source one as well in YG as most of my other watches got black dials

did you consider lange 1?

lange 1 abit pricier in the 2nd market but not so much still im not sure if i will like the asymmetric dial in the long run plus the bigger size
    kiwi71 likes this.

Congratulations on the amazing timepiece! The black dial is absolutely stunning surrounded and accented by the pink gold. And, oh my gosh, that movement... You made a great choice!

I never noticed the little lume markers on the outside of 12, 3, 6, and 9. Very subtle and tastefully added.

I thought the movements on my JLC and Omega were pretty great to look at but this is a whole other level.
    Pretty much all other movements have been "ruined" for me after getting a Lange! I have to remind myself that Lange is in a class all by itself, and it doesn't diminish the technical or artistic accomplishments inherent in other watches I look at.
    kiwi71 likes this.

Oh my word, that's just lovely. Congratulations on your new acquisition, and wear it in health!
    kiwi71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by exodus8 View Post
    congrats! i saw the ad browsing chrono 24 and it was a pretty good deal im trying to source one as well in YG as most of my other watches got black dials

did you consider lange 1?

lange 1 abit pricier in the 2nd market but not so much still im not sure if i will like the asymmetric dial in the long run plus the bigger size
    I did not consider a Lange 1, but only due to price. Though amazing, It was out of my range. I actually came up to the Langematik. I was was originally looking at the Saxonia with small seconds, but decided if I was going to go Lange I wanted something with the date. I’m one of those guys that does prefer a date on my watch, and what better date than a Lange date?

As for size I consider 38-40 my sweet spot so I was a little concerned about this watch at 37mm. I have to say it’s perfect though. I have a 6.5” wrist and I think anything larger would’ve felt a little too big.

Good luck in your search. Keep us posted.
    GrouchoM and exodus8 like this.

LOVE the black dial / brown strap combo. Gorgeous watch.
    kiwi71 likes this.

I did not consider a Lange 1, but only due to price. Though amazing, It was out of my range. I actually came up to the Langematik. I was was originally looking at the Saxonia with small seconds, but decided if I was going to go Lange I wanted something with the date. I’m one of those guys that does prefer a date on my watch, and what better date than a Lange date?

As for size I consider 38-40 my sweet spot so I was a little concerned about this watch at 37mm. I have to say it’s perfect though. I have a 6.5” wrist and I think anything larger would’ve felt a little too big.

Good luck in your search. Keep us posted.

yeah i also prefer having a date. my wrist on the smaller side even though im wearing a 39mm as my daily watch but since its a pilot it works

think the langematik at 37mm is almost perfect as a daily beater.

looking for one in Germany as i want to pick it up in person. prolly have to wait till they loosen up with the travel restrictions in a few months

enjoy this wonderful piece im so envious
    kiwi71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by exodus8 View Post
    yeah i also prefer having a date. my wrist on the smaller side even though im wearing a 39mm as my daily watch but since its a pilot it works

think the langematik at 37mm is almost perfect as a daily beater.

looking for one in Germany as i want to pick it up in person. prolly have to wait till they loosen up with the travel restrictions in a few months

enjoy this wonderful piece im so envious
    I wear an AT2500 and JLC Master Control, both 39mm, in my rotation, as well as a 40mm Sub and they all feel good on my wrist. The only one that’s started to feel too large is my SMP 2254, which is part of the reason I have it up for sale right now. I’ve babied it for 9 years , but IDK, part of me just wants to keep it and make it my beater. I envy the guys who can wear a 4 or 5 figure watch as a true beater, but not sure if I could.
    exodus8 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information