My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming - Page 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Member raja_3012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Beautiful watch. Congrats man. Absolutely love Lange’s artistic engineering.
    kiwi71 likes this.
    ♕ 116500LN | ♕ 126710BLRO | ♕ 116610LV | ♕ 116610LN (LB) | PAM00168

  2. #12
    Member kiwi71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    532

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluekaze2180 View Post
    Great pics of a great timepiece. Where did you buy it ? Im wary of buying pre-owned but really want a saxonia thin in yellow gold


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually found it on Chrono24 via a dealer in Germany. They had over 300 positive reviews and were very responsive to my many questions. Sent lots of extra photos. I was able to see the case number on the watch and the papers and compare them to CFR’s database. There’s always a risk but I felt pretty comfortable by the time I pulled the trigger. The shipping was lighting quick too. 2 days from Germany to the US and no customs issues.
    weisscomposer and CFR like this.

  3. #13
    Member kiwi71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    532

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    So happy for you! You made a great choice, and I hope you continue to love it. You may find yourself taking it off and staring at the movement a lot.
    Oh I know I will. I thought the movements on my JLC and Omega were pretty great to look at but this is a whole other level.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi71 View Post
    I actually found it on Chrono24 via a dealer in Germany. They had over 300 positive reviews and were very responsive to my many questions. Sent lots of extra photos. I was able to see the case number on the watch and the papers and compare them to CFR’s database. There’s always a risk but I felt pretty comfortable by the time I pulled the trigger. The shipping was lighting quick too. 2 days from Germany to the US and no customs issues.
    congrats! i saw the ad browsing chrono 24 and it was a pretty good deal im trying to source one as well in YG as most of my other watches got black dials

    did you consider lange 1?

    lange 1 abit pricier in the 2nd market but not so much still im not sure if i will like the asymmetric dial in the long run plus the bigger size
    kiwi71 likes this.

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    130

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Congratulations on the amazing timepiece! The black dial is absolutely stunning surrounded and accented by the pink gold. And, oh my gosh, that movement... You made a great choice!

    I never noticed the little lume markers on the outside of 12, 3, 6, and 9. Very subtle and tastefully added.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi71 View Post
    I thought the movements on my JLC and Omega were pretty great to look at but this is a whole other level.
    Pretty much all other movements have been "ruined" for me after getting a Lange! I have to remind myself that Lange is in a class all by itself, and it doesn't diminish the technical or artistic accomplishments inherent in other watches I look at.
    kiwi71 likes this.

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Melbourne (Oz, not FL)
    Posts
    276

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Oh my word, that's just lovely. Congratulations on your new acquisition, and wear it in health!
    kiwi71 likes this.

  8. #17
    Member kiwi71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    532

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Quote Originally Posted by exodus8 View Post
    congrats! i saw the ad browsing chrono 24 and it was a pretty good deal im trying to source one as well in YG as most of my other watches got black dials

    did you consider lange 1?

    lange 1 abit pricier in the 2nd market but not so much still im not sure if i will like the asymmetric dial in the long run plus the bigger size
    I did not consider a Lange 1, but only due to price. Though amazing, It was out of my range. I actually came up to the Langematik. I was was originally looking at the Saxonia with small seconds, but decided if I was going to go Lange I wanted something with the date. I’m one of those guys that does prefer a date on my watch, and what better date than a Lange date?

    As for size I consider 38-40 my sweet spot so I was a little concerned about this watch at 37mm. I have to say it’s perfect though. I have a 6.5” wrist and I think anything larger would’ve felt a little too big.

    Good luck in your search. Keep us posted.
    GrouchoM and exodus8 like this.

  9. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    27

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    LOVE the black dial / brown strap combo. Gorgeous watch.
    kiwi71 likes this.

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi71 View Post
    I did not consider a Lange 1, but only due to price. Though amazing, It was out of my range. I actually came up to the Langematik. I was was originally looking at the Saxonia with small seconds, but decided if I was going to go Lange I wanted something with the date. I’m one of those guys that does prefer a date on my watch, and what better date than a Lange date?

    As for size I consider 38-40 my sweet spot so I was a little concerned about this watch at 37mm. I have to say it’s perfect though. I have a 6.5” wrist and I think anything larger would’ve felt a little too big.

    Good luck in your search. Keep us posted.

    yeah i also prefer having a date. my wrist on the smaller side even though im wearing a 39mm as my daily watch but since its a pilot it works

    think the langematik at 37mm is almost perfect as a daily beater.

    looking for one in Germany as i want to pick it up in person. prolly have to wait till they loosen up with the travel restrictions in a few months

    enjoy this wonderful piece im so envious
    kiwi71 likes this.

  11. #20
    Member kiwi71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    532

    Re: My first A. Lange & Söhne - Incoming

    Quote Originally Posted by exodus8 View Post
    yeah i also prefer having a date. my wrist on the smaller side even though im wearing a 39mm as my daily watch but since its a pilot it works

    think the langematik at 37mm is almost perfect as a daily beater.

    looking for one in Germany as i want to pick it up in person. prolly have to wait till they loosen up with the travel restrictions in a few months

    enjoy this wonderful piece im so envious
    I wear an AT2500 and JLC Master Control, both 39mm, in my rotation, as well as a 40mm Sub and they all feel good on my wrist. The only one that’s started to feel too large is my SMP 2254, which is part of the reason I have it up for sale right now. I’ve babied it for 9 years , but IDK, part of me just wants to keep it and make it my beater. I envy the guys who can wear a 4 or 5 figure watch as a true beater, but not sure if I could.
    exodus8 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •