Price Consideration

Thread: Price Consideration

Price Consideration

Right now, my plan is to pick up a Saxonia (probably the Saxonia Thin in pink gold) for my birthday this December. I bought a Nomos from this same AD last year as my entry in to the watch world, and I love visiting with the people who work there.

I know that the expectation at a Lange boutique is that you have to pay full price. Are ADs generally open to discussing a price consideration for Lange watches? My AD can't seem to keep the Saxonia Thin in stock (they sell about one a month), which makes me wonder if there's any real incentive for them to discount them at all.

I would expect a discount from the AD. The amount may not be that great, though, certainly less than you may be used to with other brands. Obviously, the amount of discount will depend on how many Lange’s the dealer currently has, how quickly they are selling, and how quickly the particular model you are considering is selling. Likely, you are looking at a lower percentage discount with the Saxonia thin than with some of the more expensive models, but who knows.

There are a couple advantages to the boutique you should also be aware of. At least in the U.S., you get an additional year on the warranty, and I also understand they will do a custom engraving of your initials on the movement of the watch, if you like! If the discount from the AD is very slight, might be worth looking at a boutique.

Re: Price Consideration

You should be able to obtain a minimum of 5% off the full RRP of the Watch. I would think more like 10% or more off the full RRP.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Price Consideration

No harm asking. Go for 10% and work from there. Worst that can happen is them laughing at you but chances are that they will work with you since you have a buying history with them.

Thread Information