Service - Page 2

Thread: Service

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    30

    Re: Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I know that my Dato was once serviced at the Lange service centre in Hong Kong. Can't comment on the US.
    and you were perfectly happy with that servicing?

  2. #12
    CFR
    CFR is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    643

    Re: Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Navman007 View Post
    Do you know whether Datographs always go to Germany for servicing? I think simple movements can be serviced in local service centres e.g. USA.
    Alkis in NYC (authorized Lange watchmaker) can service Datographs, so they don't need to go back to Glashutte from the US. Not sure if Ville (other authorized Lange watchmaker in NYC -- at the Lange boutique there) can also service Datographs.

  3. #13
    Member Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    121

    Re: Service

    Quote Originally Posted by weisscomposer View Post
    Servicing costs as of July 2019 can be found here:

    https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/customer-service/overhaul-repair/pricelist

    And here is some information about maintenance and repair (with some cool pictures):

    https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/cus...verhaul-repair

    Ooops. That is steep.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    Ouchie for zeitwerk models lol

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,331
    Fyi the first tier pricing is very similar to royal oak servicing fees

  7. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    41

    Re: Service

    Quote Originally Posted by weisscomposer View Post
    Servicing costs as of July 2019 can be found here:

    https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/customer-service/overhaul-repair/pricelist

    And here is some information about maintenance and repair (with some cool pictures):

    https://www.alange-soehne.com/en/cus...verhaul-repair
    Thanks for this

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    213

    Re: Service

    Anyone know how accurate their time estimates are for service? Just curious.
    A. Lange & Sohne - Lange 1 101.031
    IWC - Ingenieur 3239-04
    Casio - G-Shock
    Omega - Seamaster 1976 Day-Date
    Audemars Piguet - Royal Oak 25572ST.OO.0789ST

  9. #18
    Member Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    121

    Re: Service

    I have had two watches with them, one in 2014 and one in 2016. On both occasions they kept their timeline.

    Just sent another one off last week, will update as the service progresses.

  10. #19
    CFR
    CFR is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    643

    Re: Service

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
    Anyone know how accurate their time estimates are for service? Just curious.
    Estimates are pretty accurate overall, but it depends a bit upon where you're sending it and then if it has to go anywhere else. For example, if you're in the US and if Lange NYC can service it there, then the estimate will be highly accurate. But if Lange NYC has to send it back to Germany, then the estimate will be a bit less accurate (and of course it'll take longer). Also, if the summer months are involved, it'll be slower than if you avoid them. That's true in NYC as well, because Alkis always goes on vacation for a month in the summer.
    Last edited by CFR; 1 Week Ago at 15:14.

  11. #20
    Member Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    121

    Re: Service

    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Estimates are pretty accurate overall, but it depends a bit upon where you're sending it and then if it has to go anywhere else. For example, if you're in the US and if Lange NYC can service it there, then the estimate will be highly accurate. But if Lange NYC has to send it back to Germany, then the estimate will be a bit less accurate (and of course it'll take longer). Also, if the summer months are involved, it'll be slower than if you avoid them. That's true in NYC as well, because Alkis always goes on vacation for a month in the summer.
    Should add that I deal directly with Lange in Glashütte.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •