The 2013 project watch will utilize an Explorer Case so please feel free to submit your ideas on this theme.
The price is US$220 (not including shipping or add-ons)
Current Watch Specification:
- 316L Stainless Steel 40mm Explorer Case (polished/brushed or a combination of both) 20mm lug width
- 200 meter water resistance
- Crown at 3 O’clock
- Miyota 8215 automatic movement (White date wheel if voted for)
- Superluminova (choice of color)
- Custom dial, with any texture/pattern or combination of textures/patterns we choose (within reason) and applied metal indices (unless otherwise specified in the design)
- Any hands we choose, so long as they are “stock” hands (not a design which requires new tooling)
- Crystal - Flat sapphire (can be changed by vote)
- Stainless Steel Bracelet with solid curved end links
- Crown, Clasp, Caseback and Dial markings of our choosing
- Zippered Case with Watchuseek Logo
- 2 year warranty
Register here LINK if you haven't done so already.
All designs should utilize the specifications above and the explorer case or a render that looks very much like it.
This post will be updated as questions are asked. The committee will do it’s best to respond to questions within 24 hours. If you do not receive an answer the question has most likely been answered. Please check this post first so we can reduce time spent responding.
UPDATED - 5/29/13
Thank you everyone for your input so far. At this time we are requesting that no more dial designs be posted or submitted. We are in the process now of organizing the next steps.
Thanks again for your efforts in the design thus far.
****DIAL DESIGN SUBMISSIONS CLOSED****
1Q. What is the diameter of dial (as ochong asked)? (We need this if we are going to source "stock" hands for our design - can't use hands that are too short or too long).
2Q. What are the sizes of the hand posts on the Miyota 8215 according to Fred Bernhardt (i.e., what size is the minute hand on the Binnacle Anchor)? This may seem like a dumb question, but just ask Citizen V and you'll know that it ain't. (Again, we need this if we are going to source "stock" hands for our design).
2A. Fred is the watchmaker, he'll worry about it.
3Q. What are our color choices for the Superluminova? Can this be applied to just the hands, or to the hands and the dial?
3A. Current assumption is that you can pick from the chart. Lume on hands and indices.
4Q. Clarification: I assume "white date wheel if voted for" means "white date wheel if date window voted for"?
4A. Correct. The date wheel is white with black numbers. We will vote on whether the watch will include a date window so designs could be presented with either option if desired.
5. Can we do date window at 6:00 (requires a different date wheel), or are we locked into 3:00 or 4:30?
5A. Date location options: 3:00, 4:00, 4:30 nothing else.
6Q. OK so it has been stated that all 200 watches are going to be the same. My question is will all 200 dials be the same?
6A. All 200 dials will be the same.
7Q. Will the AWF Forum watch have the Bernhardt logo on the dial?
7A. The Bernhardt logo is not a design requirement.
8. Drilled lugs with screw-bar-tubes are also an option if we want them.
Your 2013 Project Committee