01. 2014 Forum Project Watch - Concept discussions
Like Tree936Likes

Thread: 01. 2014 Forum Project Watch - Concept discussions

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

01. 2014 Forum Project Watch - Concept discussions

All,

there has already been a bit of discussion on the possible / potential 2014 project:

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post
    We can start planning for 2014 now! (faint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally79 View Post
    Seeing as f501 committee is hating GMT, I vote for GMT.
    Quote Originally Posted by hked View Post
    We have been discussing future projects for a while and have a number of excellent suggestions. However, we need to look at our manufacturer options before committing to anything. A new thread will be opened once we have approval from the WUS crew and our loyal CMW members. Patience is not only a virtue, it is a prerequisite for joining our watch projects. Did any of you think we would quit after hitting a bump in the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis888 View Post
    I think i saw someone else mention this already, but in case it was not... is a double chronograph being considered as a potential future project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
    Are there any others projects in the pipeline? That would be great. I think we should always have 1-2 watch projects ongoing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    Well, this Chinese Mech forum currently has three running in parallel.
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
    And f71 has one started also, about which I think Ric knows quite a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rblanchette1 View Post
    2014 project
    Quote Originally Posted by jopex View Post
    Bronze watch for 2014?
    We (the Committee that is) can understand the excitement and will step up to the plate if asked to. That said, the last 2012 Dual Crown Watch has only just been shipped, we're in the midst of finishing up the 2013 ST5 Project and moving in to the building (assembly) phase. And Thomas has just ordered parts for the 2012 (!) Tourbillon Project watch. All in all, a lot still going on.

We do not want to discourage discussion or limit the flow of creative juices and all we want to ask is
    1. Is there still enough animo and support for another project watch? Remember, there is competition in other corners of WUS, and
    2. Please don't "contaminate" the 2013 WUS ST5 Project: The Making Of thread with our contemplations, ideas, suggestions and all.

We feel both / all projects deserve their own identity, threads and discussion space. That will also help late joiners to read up on the project (history) as all is in one place.

I can say that the Committee has some concrete plans, suggestions and proposals, but don't want to impose our ideas on the WUS community and take a step back for now.

RonB
    on behalf of the 2011 - 2014 WUS CMW Projects Committee
    Last edited by MHe225; August 2nd, 2013 at 04:44.

Re: 2014 Forum Project Watch

For one I was reluctant about the f71 se project, still am for that matter. Don't need anymore. The novelty value has worn away.
    A special should be just that, not mainstream, not what's next, or it's lost it's 'special' meaning imo.

Granted the 2012 is, and will always be a stunner, yet the 'buzz' of the moon was higher. Both show just how amazing the forum group think/feel/breath watches. Both could be better, could have been far worse.

Unless there is a meaningful reason for another personally don't see the point, no longer a special imo.

btw... internal bezels have a lot more interest since ours ;)
    where cmwf leads, others follow...
    Sure you guys need a well deserved rest anyway ;)
    Last edited by arktika1148; July 20th, 2013 at 23:21.

I'd definitely be up for another project.
    How about another manual winder with ST19 (manual SEA-GULL chronograph) or SB18 (manual Beijing 3/4 plate) movement, in a thin case with large caseback window, and a very clean sparse 'Chinese Bauhaus' style dial?
    (I'm thinking of a thinner version of a Nomos/Rodina type case, but with a dial and hands that integrate Chinese style elements. To define what that actually means we would continue the discussion started with Torsten's project.)

This would also continue the thread started with the ST5 project to use interesting unique movements. Currently available offerings with both movements (ST19 and SB18) leave a lot of room for a unique CMW forum project.
    Anyways, just my thoughts.
    Last edited by LCheapo; July 21st, 2013 at 00:19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am not chomping at the bit for another project, especially as I am waiting for the ST5 and tourbillon. But the right concept might get me intrigued.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005) * Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (231.10.42.21.01.002)
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille (270.84.10) * TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M ceramic (WAK2110) * Poljot OKEAH Chronograph

I think bronze cases are more available now as many micro brands source them from china. So I would like to see a bronze sports watch (without bezel like halios tropik or maranez layan or with a external bezel). 200+ WR, I don't want it to be just for shows. Not sure if that is even possible? You guys know it best...
    Cheers,
    Josip

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

What does an uncased Fenglei 304 chronograph movement cost in a bulk order? A 'Panda' dial might be appropriate
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by LCheapo View Post
    I'd definitely be up for another project.
    How about another manual winder with ST19 (manual SEA-GULL chronograph) or SB18 (manual Beijing 3/4 plate) movement, in a thin case with large caseback window, and a very clean sparse 'Chinese Bauhaus' style dial?
    (I'm thinking of a thinner version of a Nomos/Rodina type case, but with a dial and hands that integrate Chinese style elements. To define what that actually means we would continue the discussion started with Torsten's project.)
    You and me think alike! I have been dreaming of an ST-19 that is elegant in a modern sense. The M199S seagull is just too dressy, and the 1963 while great is a little too retro.

I imagine something like a cross between these two:

Name:  905846d1355598690-my-german-watch-journey-junghans-max-bill-chronoscope-2bjungansmaxbillchronos.jpg
Views: 6563
Size:  105.7 KB

(Junghans chronoscope)

Name:  cfd0e001w-1.jpg
Views: 6815
Size:  66.1 KB

Orient millennium

Something not quite Bauhaus in style, but very simple with a modern elegant look (as opposed to a more classic one). Anyways, this is just my dream watch. The ST-19 chronos seem divided between sporty, retro, and dressy. I would love a modern Chinese affordable chrono that bests the Strela in everyday class would be awesome.
    stevenkelby and Wish like this.

WnS

I think it's time for a proper Chinese Dive Watch.

Water Resistance: 300m
    Bezel: External bezel made from ceramic / sapphire. Steel at worst, no painted or plastic.
    Dial: Metallic / enamel / lacquered dial. No matte plastic as it tends to resemble cardboard. A good quality high gloss plastic is marginally acceptable.
    Movement: ST-1812 or ST-2130
    Approx. Dimensions: 42mm x12mm
    Crystal: Domed (or super-domed) sapphire
    Lume: Strong lume of C3 or similar

Nothing quirky, just a vibrant and elegant diver that exudes value over Swiss watches twice the price.
    docvail, JohnF, elbhombre and 2 others like this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

New project - yay! I'm in.

Magrette-esque chrono, anyone?
    elbhombre and myke like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WnS View Post
    I think it's time for a proper Chinese Dive Watch.

Water Resistance: 300m
    Bezel: External bezel made from ceramic / sapphire. Steel at worst, no painted or plastic.
    Dial: Metallic / enamel / lacquered dial. No matte plastic as it tends to resemble cardboard. A good quality high gloss plastic is marginally acceptable.
    Movement: ST-1812 or ST-2130
    Approx. Dimensions: 42mm x12mm
    Crystal: Domed (or super-domed) sapphire
    Lume: Strong lume of C3 or similar

Nothing quirky, just a vibrant and elegant diver that exudes value over Swiss watches twice the price.
    Can you be a little more specific isn't your requirements please?

A diver would work for me too - especially a ceramic or sapphire bezel (though that would push the cost up, which I haven't a problem with but others might).

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information