Voting is closed!!
GMT won the vote.
As the Square watch was very close, and lost because it got less second and third place votes than the GMT, the next vote will be to determine if there is enough interest for a square/rectangular GMT watch
Here is the long-awaited first vote for the 2014 project - fanfare please!!! There are a few things we would like to clear up before beginning:
1) Thomas will find or custom order a watch case to fit our needs and designs as long as it is 38mm or above.
2) The price (taking the base as USD200-USD250) includes a flat front sapphire crystal for a round case, and will cost slightly more for a square/rectangular case. An upgrade to the slightly curved sapphire used on the moonphase will cost around USD14 more. A high dome sapphire is available, but at an extra USD40 a pop not really feasible for this project.
3) A leather strap and buckle is included. However, we have the option of buying the watch head only at a discount of USD10 if everyone agrees.
Please read the voting instructions carefully, 4 (four) choices MUST be made or your vote will NOT be counted.
Voting on this thread will close at 10am HK time on Saturday, 15th March 2014.
All voting on this issue will use the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system. Each person ranks the list of options being voted on in order of preference. You place the number of your favorite choice first, your second choice second, your third choice next and then your fourth (= final) choice last.
As an example, say this is a vote for the watch hand color. Assuming that my personal preference is for silver, but I also think that blue is a very good alternative and white is okay, but boring and so is black.
Based on the list below, this is how I would rank my preferences: 2 – 4 – 3 - 1.
Please be aware that to continue the project after the style vote, a deposit of about 50% will be needed to continue voting. If you do not intend to pay this deposit when the style you voted for is selected, please do not participate. When we will not get enough deposits the style will be changed or even the entire project may be canceled
Note that the examples and specs shown below and in this post are just an indication and hardly represent the look of the finished watch. For example, the actual case diameter may change, a different crown may be used, as well as an alternative color for the dial, font for Arabic numbers, size of the Chinese characters or width of the batons, etc. – you get the idea. These variations will be handled in separate votes when needed, or combined with other decisions.
We are continuing the search for alternative movements to the ST16, and when a suitable alternative is found with a similar price tag, we will include it in a poll.
The options for this Style Vote are shown below.
- Square/rectangular watch with small seconds using ST16: USD200-USD250
- World time using ST16: USD200-USD250
- GMT using ST16 (has independent GMT hour hand, but no option for small seconds or PR): USD200-USD250
- Chrono using ST19: USD350-USD450
Depending on the outcome, we might offer a second style vote for a combination of styles, so for example a Square GMT vs round GMT etc.
Please use this thread only for voting, discussions in the kick Off thread!
on behalf of the committee