An aesthetics question: 29er Big vs. M29
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: An aesthetics question: 29er Big vs. M29

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question An aesthetics question: 29er Big vs. M29

This is purely an opinion question. My next purchase will be either a 29er Big (bracelet, white dial) or M29 (bracelet, cream dial). The only differences are aesthetics (white vs cream, numbers vs. applied stick indices, silver hands with minimal lume vs. black hands with no lume), but I'm somewhat torn. I know that both watches have fans on this forum, so what I'm hoping for is a bit of insight from those of you who considered both, but chose one over the other for one reason or another. So, in short, why did you choose the 29er Big over the M29, or vice versa?

Name:  29er big.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  37.1 KBName:  m29b.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  40.4 KB

To provide just a bit more info, I currently own this inexpensive Seiko (which I like very much)

Name:  snzj53.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  127.1 KB

Part of me simply wants a higher-quality version of the Seiko (the 29er, in my opinion), and another part of me wants an upgraded piece that's a bit different (the M29). My wife, however, seems to think that the M29 is, in fact, more similar to the Seiko than is the 29er! I'm totally confused now.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Banned

Re: An aesthetics question: 29er Big vs. M29

I don't own either, but I have seen them. I prefer the 29er Big. Not a fan of the beige, thin hands, and all the red accents on the M29. Prefer the bolder hands and cleaner dial layout on the 29er Big. Of course all this it purely subjective aesthetic taste, and they are both quality watches.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dhtjr View Post
    I don't own either, but I have seen them. I prefer the 29er Big. Not a fan of the beige, thin hands, and all the red accents on the M29. Prefer the bolder hands and cleaner dial layout on the 29er Big. Of course all this it purely subjective aesthetic taste, and they are both quality watches.
    I certainly agree that the look of the 29er is more "German" (i.e., clean and utilitarian). On the flip side, I'm an engineer and definitely appreciate how the M29 looks like a vintage pressure gauge of some sort.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd have to go with the 29er, its a mix of sporty, dressy and a touch of diver for me, a clear winner for me.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

LH2

I sold my 29'er as I didn't bond with it, but the 29'er is the dressier of the two models considering the polished hour markers (these really catch the light more than stock photos show), polished hands and bright white dial.

Nothing sparkly about the M29, but I agree the hands are too thin, as on a few Muhle models.
    ajbutler13 likes this.
    Archimede | Damasko | Defakto | Fortis | Glycine | Hamilton | Junghans | Laco | Limes | Oris | Sinn | Stowa | Tutima

Another vote for the 29er. Had one for two years and really like the legibility of the dial.
    ajbutler13 likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I'd shoot for the 29er. I love mine.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

The 29er is pitching a shutout so far (small sample size, of course). Interesting. I thought there would be love for both.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbutler13 View Post
    This is purely an opinion question. My next purchase will be either a 29er Big (bracelet, white dial) or M29 (bracelet, cream dial). The only differences are aesthetics (white vs cream, numbers vs. applied stick indices, silver hands with minimal lume vs. black hands with no lume), but I'm somewhat torn. I know that both watches have fans on this forum, so what I'm hoping for is a bit of insight from those of you who considered both, but chose one over the other for one reason or another. So, in short, why did you choose the 29er Big over the M29, or vice versa?

Name:  29er big.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  37.1 KBName:  m29b.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  40.4 KB

To provide just a bit more info, I currently own this inexpensive Seiko (which I like very much)

Name:  snzj53.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  127.1 KB

Part of me simply wants a higher-quality version of the Seiko (the 29er, in my opinion), and another part of me wants an upgraded piece that's a bit different (the M29). My wife, however, seems to think that the M29 is, in fact, more similar to the Seiko than is the 29er! I'm totally confused now.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any thoughts you may have.

What seiko model is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
    What seiko model is that ?
    Seiko 5...and a cool one at that.

And I vote 29er by a German country kilometer.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information