Baselworld Preview - M29 Classic Einzeiger
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Steppy
  • 1 Post By Nokie
  • 1 Post By Tony Abbate

Thread: Baselworld Preview - M29 Classic Einzeiger

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Baselworld Preview - M29 Classic Einzeiger

This year's highlight from the world of fine watches is just around the corner: Because from 19-26 March, watch aficionados will once again rendezvous at Baselworld 2015. And you can marvel at four new timepieces from Nautische Instrumente Mühle-Glashütte at the world's largest watch trade fair.

One of them is the one-hand M 29 Classic Einzeiger. As the newest member of the MÜHLE Nautische Instrumente watch family, it resorts to the design of the traditional one-hand measuring gauges by R. Mühle & Sohn. One-hand measuring gauges included, for example, the "Mühle universal measurement for watchmakers" or the "ideal speed gauge" - instruments that enabled the precise measurement of various measuring scales, from 1/10th mm, through 1/50th mm, right down to 1/100th mm.

The various precision scales of these instruments, typically crafted to customers' exact wishes, are also reflected in today's M 29 Classic family of gauge-inspired watches. Following the versions with a centre second hand and small second hand is the new one-hand M 29 Classic Einzeiger, the third timepiece in this watch family.

Whereas the models with a centre and second hand measure the time by the second, the one-hand model is geared to the time measurements of everyday life. Whether it's six-thirty or a quarter past three; the idea here is not to observe the seconds ticking away but to read the time quickly at a glance. That is why the M 29 models by Mühle-Glashütte offer the right instrument for the different ways of perceiving time, from precise seconds to a slow presentation. As one would expect of a timepiece from Mühle-Glashütte, we have naturally designed the one-hand watch with utmost precision. For this purpose, the one-hand M 29 Classic Einzeiger is equipped with the dual scale of the original gauges. It allows the time to be read quickly and easily in quarter-hour intervals on the inner ring of the scale. In the precise, second-echelon scale on the flange, the ten-minute intervals are represented by longer indices, whilst the extremely fine indices show the time in two-minute intervals.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  234.1 KB

The MÜHLE team would be delighted to assist you to have acloser look at the one-hand M 29 Classic Einzeiger, along with many other timepieces, at the Baselworld show. As usual, you'll find their booth in Hall 2.0, Stand A 39 from 19-26 March 2015.

The M29 Classic Einzeiger will retail for 1400€ on strap, with stainless steel bracelet it will cost 1500€.
    Case diameter is 42,4 mm. Inside ticks a SW 200-1 in Mühle execution.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; February 27th, 2015 at 14:36.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: Baselworld Preview - M29 Classic Einzeiger

Last year (basel 2014) they announced the M29 with sub-seconds instead of central seconds, this year its a M29 one-hander.

Not been a terribly creative year at Muhle then.

I'm sure theres other announcements and models to come, but they've got to do better than this.
    Tony Abbate and janiboi like this.

Agree. It is ok, but certainly nothing that would make me open my pocketbook.
    Tony Abbate likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: Baselworld Preview - M29 Classic Einzeiger

As UNO's go, I like it.

This one is a complete dud for me.

Muhles are beautifully made, high quality timepieces BUT they need a fresh set of eyes and some serious design help. Muhle why are you afraid to step outside the box?

It would be nice to see something innovative and competitive come from this well respected brand.
    janiboi likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

The "schnellmesser" and how it looked like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  52.2 KB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Last year (basel 2014) they announced the M29 with sub-seconds instead of central seconds, this year its a M29 one-hander.

Not been a terribly creative year at Muhle then.

I'm sure theres other announcements and models to come, but they've got to do better than this.
    Isn't that pretty much the same comment you made last year? :p

I almost love this watch. It jut seems too big and thick for the concept of a one hander. I would be interested to hear from anyone who owns this one. It seems like the movement should be fairly basic and thus allow for a thinner watch?

If there are any other threads about this one hander please let me know

Kevin

Thread Information