Finally...First Muhle...
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Finally...First Muhle...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Finally...First Muhle...

Hello all,

I'm so glad I can post my first few lines on this exquisite Forum, talking about my fascination with Muhle watches...

I first heard about Muhle 3-4 years ago on one of my many flights with Lufthansa planes, where they were selling Terrasport II Lufthansa edition in their Skyshop... What a watch, love at first sight! However it was just at that time that I bought my first Omega SMP co-axial (after many years of being jealous with 007) and investing more Euros in watches would seriously affect my marriage at a time...

However, I started researching the brand when I was home and found out this amazing history around it and since I am professional merchant marine officer I fell in love with it even more....
    SAR, Marinus GMT, Terrasport, Seabattalion GMT, New M29 Classic, OMG. Transparent casebacks, with those beautiful Muhle finish, splendid...

Time was passing and yesterday I finally ordered Terrasport II from German AD. I can't wait to receive it! I must say Lufthansa edition is cheaper, but for reason, as there is no that beautiful wooden box, no red coloured dots and different strap... So I ordered brand new original version...

Although I actually need a GMT watch right now, and maybe more "toolish" one, I decided to start with Terrasport II as this watch deserves to be the first in what I hope will be rich Muhle collection in years to come... It was the one that attracted me to the brand in the first place...

My next one will be Marinus GMT on bracellet, however SAR would have advantage over it, but unfortunately no transparent case back on it, and the red/black version I don't like...

Only big remark from my side is that there is no any retailer or service station for the brand in Croatia, which is pitty, as I'm sure many would appreciate the brand same way as I do (many seamen here).

Great watches, great story behind them, and maybe best value for money on the market!

And yes, I'm not jealous on James Bond any more, not at all...

Thanks Muhle!

Re: Finally...First Muhle...

Congratulations on the purchase of your first Muhle. Please post some pics when you can. I have always been drawn to Muhle, and they have been one of my favorite German brands for quite some time.

congrats, also looking forward to pictures and me also drawn to the Terrasport. Although it sounds like the seebatallion would fit your needs quite well...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by urtenmurtel View Post
    congrats, also looking forward to pictures and me also drawn to the Terrasport. Although it sounds like the seebatallion would fit your needs quite well...

Haha, thanks, I will definitely post some photos as soon as I receive a watch. I'm leaving home for 3 months in about 15 days, I hope it will arrive before that...

Seabattalion is beautiful, but has a lot of similarities with my Omega SM, so for now I will skip that one...

Marinus GMT is No.1 on my wish list right now...

Congrats on your first Muhle! Sure hope it arrives before you leave. I just placed an order this morning for my first as well (S.A.R. Rescue Timer).

Quote Originally Posted by Mhutch View Post
    Congrats on your first Muhle! Sure hope it arrives before you leave. I just placed an order this morning for my first as well (S.A.R. Rescue Timer).

Congrats to you! SAR is an excellent watch and I hope I'll have it in my collection in the future.

Moderator German Watches Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Adriatic Sea View Post
    Haha, thanks, I will definitely post some photos as soon as I receive a watch. I'm leaving home for 3 months in about 15 days, I hope it will arrive before that...

Seabattalion is beautiful, but has a lot of similarities with my Omega SM, so for now I will skip that one...

Marinus GMT is No.1 on my wish list right now...
    I hope you receive your new watch before you sail, Captain.

Are you able to post photos of your ship, port, or loading/unloading?
    Those would be interesting.

Do you carry a back up clock in case your nav receiver quits?
    Mühle-Glashütte sells those.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

Quote Originally Posted by rationaltime View Post
    I hope you receive your new watch before you sail, Captain.

Are you able to post photos of your ship, port, or loading/unloading?
    Those would be interesting.

Do you carry a back up clock in case your nav receiver quits?
    Mühle-Glashütte sells those.

Thanks,
    rationaltime

Name:  EXCEL.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  9.8 KB

My first command, 6 months ago. LNG carrier, 277 meters, 95000 gross tons. Made a voyage from Europe to China and back. Joining again in Alaska, 2-3 weeks from now.

Name:  3_2_LNG_FSRU2.jpg
Views: 1610
Size:  20.0 KB

Discharging gas in Kuwait. Spent 3 summers of hell there as CO.

I usually bring 2-3 watches with me o/b. They are my best friends there. When they are clicking it calms me down

I know Muhle is producing nautical equipment - that's why I love them.
    Peter Atwood likes this.

Great pics!! Congrats on your new muhle...I have a rasmus that is a solid keeper in my small collection...Lume and accuracy top notch....all the best Dave

Excellent choice.

You will really enjoy it, so wear it in good health.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information