Its a love hate relationship
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Its a love hate relationship

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Its a love hate relationship

I have a MG marinus diver. I have had it a few years now. The fun of watches for me is to change the watch straps. It changes the whole look of the watch. Changing the band on my marinus diver is so difficult. I think the holes are too small. My frustration is when I reach out to the company I dont get any reply or feed back. Must be nice to have a company that you dont need to listen to its consumers. Does anyone know a company that can drill the holes alittle bit bigger?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Its a love hate relationship

Hasn‘t the Marinus got screwed lugs?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: Its a love hate relationship

Yes, it does. The issue is I cant get it to line up. The tolerance is so narrow the screw bar doesnt want to go through. I end up having to use something to bang in the screw bar and then hit the watch case. It goes through screw bars like crazy, because it ruins it everytime I change the bracelet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Muhle Glashutte, its not what I thought

I was so excited when I shelled out 2500 USD for my new Muhle Glashutte Marinus Diver. Within a month the bezel broke. It was at the service center for over 3 months. Then a year later the stem broke. I only wear it once a week maybe. I happened to buy it at an AD when the Muhle Glashutte rep was there. I got his business card and kept it. I called him later to talk about my issues with this supposed awesome watch. He no longer worked for MG and this is what is recommendation was. Seiko turtles are very good watches for the money. Really Seiko? I am not a Seiko guy but that says alot that a past rep would no longer recommend the brand he used to work for. Poor customer service as each time I try to reach out to them, I am ignored. Just really disappointed in a company that projects itself as tool divers and rescue.

Re: Muhle Glashutte, its not what I thought

Yep, Seiko is the best.
    Lawer likes this.

There are a lot of Seiko diver models besides the Turtle. Go to the Diver Forum, and there will be a lot of suggestions for microbrands, to name brands, and endless choices that will make ones head spin. Sorry about your MG not being what you paid for, where I hope you find a better diver.
    “A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall

Have you tried contacting Muhle directly and telling them the problems you have had? Sometimes going directly to the manufacturer can be more useful than talking with the service center.
    TJ Boogie and Brey17 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivarama View Post
    Have you tried contacting Muhle directly and telling them the problems you have had? Sometimes going directly to the manufacturer can be more useful than talking with the service center.
    This is great advice. I'd go directly to MG. If I had to talk to the CEO, so be it. That is awful OP, what a horrible experience.
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway

Best Regards,

Todd

My old dad is a bit of a tiger and if a firm rubs him up the wrong way the head honch gets a “private & confidential” letter. This gets results in most cases so perhaps you should give it a whirl with MG.

Wow, that is a bummer. I have been wearing an SAR for some time now as my work watch and it handles it very well. I have broke a couple cheaper watches doing my job and have scratched bezels and crystals pretty bad on watches that cost a couple hundred. My Muhle SAR shows hardly any wear at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information