This special edition of 150 pieces in total will be available through the Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Rettung Schiffbrüchiger only and commemorates the 150th anniversary of the DGzRS.
Mühle-Glashütte congratulates the DGzRS on its anniversary with this special edition of the S.A.R. Rescue-Timer – the timepiece that is already in daily use for thirteen years on board of the German rescue cruisers.
It does look like the standard rescue timer with an emblem ( known as the Hansekreuz) added but the real gimmick is the window at 6 o' clock. The text changes every 24 hours (thanks to the SW 240-1):
1) Gegründet 1865 (founded in 1865)
2) 150 J. im Einsatz (on duty since 150 years)
3) 81.684 Gerettete (81.684 saved)
4) 2183 Einsätze ‘14 (2183 missions in 2014)
5) die Notrufnummer der DGzRS: 0421 536870 (emergency number)
6) seenotretter.de (Web site)
7) „Klar P3!“ ("klar p3" is a radio message to confirm a rescue vessel is cleared and ready to leave harbour in a case of emergency)