Got my SAR this week, had high expectations, as much is made of not just Mühles quality, but German brands in general.
no stranger to my European friends, as I have owned Laco, Steinhart (let’s not fight about the germanness), Dievas and currently own 2 Nomos and a Sinn U1.
I was not disappointed.
this is a chunk of watch that matches the best tool watches out there!
- rubber strap is one of the best “factory” straps I have ever worn......caution is required with trimming, ut there are a couple of micros on each side of the clasp
- the clasp, is brushed like the case, and while not TI has the look and feel of it.
- the strap itself is nice and soft, tapers to the clasp and has some nice detail on it.
- dial is super legible, nicely laid out and with some of the best lume this side of Seiko!
- the shiney crown, while contentious, I think is a nice touch.....it engages nicely, has a great feel when winding and is easy to grip
- the 4 o’clock date, opposite the 4 o’clock crown, has a cyclops.......only my 2nd Watch with a cyclops, this is integrated into the 4mm thick sapphire as opppsed to being stuck on - much better and works really well.
- the whole dial is nicely balanced, even with the date, and the markers at 3,6,9 and 12 are huge and filled with lume.
- the case, with the slightly curved lugs, fits my 7’5” wrist perfectly
- the bumper, for want of a better word, around the bezel is somewhat supple and offers nice protection.
- so far running +2secs per day, and that’s going to the gym twice and the Eagles concert last night in Vancouver.
there is literally nothing I don’t like about this watch, in fact, gun to my head, it could be “the one” if that day ever comes.
suffice to say I highly recommend the SAR