MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    71

    MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Hi, Recently purchased the MG SAR Rescue Timer which came with a MG cardboard outer dust box. However when I research this watch notice that some appear to have a wooden outer box.. Any thoughts on this please?

  2. #2
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    52,249

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    The boxes I know of are made out of metal or wood.
    The MÜhle S.A.R. Rescue Timer Bronze came in a very well made box, dark wood with glas on top.

    Maybe yours is a Chronext „special“. I‘d ask them in the first place.
    Kind regards
    Mike


    Instagram @mikestuffler

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    71

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    The boxes I know of are made out of metal or wood.
    The MÜhle S.A.R. Rescue Timer Bronze came in a very well made box, dark wood with glas on top.

    Maybe yours is a Chronext „special“. I‘d ask them in the first place.
    Yes it was from Chronext but it came from a German AD. It seems that some MG watches have the same box as mine but others have the wooden box. I have emailed MG to ask them about this and also Chronext. Will keep you posted. Incidentally what do you mean by ''Chronext special''?
    Last edited by GRANDDUC; May 23rd, 2019 at 11:30.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member FBPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Make Swiss Made Great Again
    Posts
    840

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDDUC View Post
    Yes it was from Chronext but it came from a German AD. It seems that some MG watches have the same box as mine but others have the wooden box. I have emailed MG to ask them about this and also Chronext. Will keep you posted. Incidentally what do you mean by ''Chronext special''?
    May I ask how yours was packaged when you received it?


    While not the same model as yours, this is how it "should" have come packaged:




    Chronext Special: Some watches may be sold minus their box and papers, or other things that come along with the watch (this does happen with grey market outlets). I have heard stories on Youtube of people receiving watches from grey market sellers wrapped only in cling-film. The question is, if this bothers you personally.

    Did the watch you receive come with Papers? (a couple of blue booklets you can see tucked into the top of the watch box when it is opened in the video)

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    71

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Yes it came with all the appropriate paperwork including a stamped warranty card from the German AD. As for the packaging the outer box is the same -but in Blue- as in your vid clip but the inner box is in a silver effect both boxes have the MG log details etc... Since posting this question I have looked at some others for sale eg.. from The Watch Shop who are a MG Authorised Dealer and the picture of their packaging is identical to mine so perhaps I am overthinking this but have also asked MG their thoughts on packaging. But in the meantime not sure how some people get wooden boxes and some don't even from AD's!!

    Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    May I ask how yours was packaged when you received it?


    While not the same model as yours, this is how it "should" have come packaged:




    Chronext Special: Some watches may be sold minus their box and papers, or other things that come along with the watch (this does happen with grey market outlets). I have heard stories on Youtube of people receiving watches from grey market sellers wrapped only in cling-film. The question is, if this bothers you personally.

    Did the watch you receive come with Papers? (a couple of blue booklets you can see tucked into the top of the watch box when it is opened in the video)

  7. #6
    Member FBPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Make Swiss Made Great Again
    Posts
    840

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Care to share a photo of your what all you received ?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    71

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Name:  P1050508.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  850.6 KB[ATTACH=CONFIG]14174417[ATTACH=CONFIG]14174429

    The inner box is finished in a metallic silver not sure how well it shows up in my pics interested to know your thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images




  9. #8
    Member FBPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Make Swiss Made Great Again
    Posts
    840

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Looks correct to me!

    If you have the blue coloured rotor, you're one lucky devil !

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    71

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    Looks correct to me!

    If you have the blue coloured rotor, you're one lucky devil !
    Excuse my ignorance but how do I know if I have a ''Blue coloured rotor'' as it does not have a display case so obviously I can't see inside. Perhaps if I send the serial number inscribed on the case to MG they might enlighten me?

  11. #10
    Member FBPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Make Swiss Made Great Again
    Posts
    840

    Re: MG SAR Rescue Timer out box question

    I was incorrect, sorry. From what I have read, the 150th anniversary rotor (in blue) is only used on 4 models:

    Teutonia Sport I
    Sea-Timer BlackMotion
    Panova Grün
    Teutonia IV Mondphase

    So it seems it's not included on your SAR, nor my Lunova Day/Date..... Guess I'll have to buy one of those next!!


    This is what it looks like:

    Name:  Jubiläums-Rotor-1869-2019.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  303.1 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •