S.A.R. yearning....But

Thread: S.A.R. yearning....But

Unhappy S.A.R. yearning....But

I have looked at photo's, read reviews about the really individualistic MG S.A.R.

My affection over the years with the more popular Swiss made Rolex, Omega and Breitling have all been owned and sold on by me in typical WUS fashion. BUT.... the yearing and admiration for the S.A.R. has never waned. In a financial position
    I will be soon be in to walk into the Muhle-Glashutte dealership in Brisbane and plonk the cash on the counter for one. Wife has actually not shuddered and considered me quite mad as she used to do, especially with the Sea Dweller as it was a monster watch with a monster price tag. She just quietly mentioned something about my 'twilight years' or was it 'Twilight Zone'?

Anyhow, my question to the knowledgeable folks on this site is......

How can I tell the age of an S.A.R. that the dealer is showing me? Can one tell from the serial number how old it is? If its been sitting in his shop for years, I would like to know how to find this out, other that just taking his word for it.

I once bought an Omega Planet Ocean in a dealership. The guy told me it was brand new. When I got it home, I discovered it was nearly 4 years old. I went back and the store manager told me he regarded it as brand new, never worn and less than 5 year old stock but under a new warranty from the date of sale.

So, I don't want an old stock S.A.R. I know this model has been out for quite a number of years, so can anyone help me with how I can determine the age of an S.A.R.?

Cheers
    Last edited by STEVIE; March 21st, 2017 at 14:48.

Re: S.A.R. yearning....But

I can only give a little bit of advice, since I have no idea about the serial numbers..
    The new models do not have a magnifiying glass anymore (you can see that on the homepage), so that is a thing.

And the old one (more than a few years) did not have the cool and super solid clasp on the rubber strap.
    The bracelet still has the "not so overwhelming" clasp, so that is no indicator.

I have a newish SAR and it has a magnifying glass on the date. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think new models still have the glass.
    Btw, I know older models with ETA movement has 1000m on the dial and newer models with Sellita movement has 100atm on the dial.
    No other way I know of that you can find the year of watch's production unless you ask the manufacturer I guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you check the website there is no magnifier anymore .. maybe it is "super new" .. hmm, in the pictures there is none, but the description still states it.. I have the DGzrS Ediiton and it does not have one, but well.. maybe only in this edition then

Hey Reyken, could you tell me how you came into possession of DGzrS edition?
    It is a very fine version.

For me its not so much different of the movement works and performs fine.Purchased an ''old stock'' watch myself and its beeb great since then!

Did you end up buying the watch. I bought one when I first got into watches and it was the best regulated watch that I e owned. I regret selling it. The resale is terrible. That watch is very special and unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever SAR you get it is an excellent watch.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVIE View Post
    So, I don't want an old stock S.A.R. I know this model has been out for quite a number of years, so can anyone help me with how I can determine the age of an S.A.R.?
    When I purchased mine a few years ago, I wanted to vet both the age and movement before buying, so I provided the serial number to Muhle Glashutte directly at their info email address:
    [email protected]

One of their kind staff replied very promptly with the necessary information. (Mine is one of the older ETA based ones).

Name:  DSC_0082_san.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  957.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0085_san.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  883.8 KB

Thread Information