Simple question re Muhle Glashutte SAR Rescue Timer.... - Page 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Simple question re Muhle Glashutte SAR Rescue Timer....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Simple question re Muhle Glashutte SAR Rescue Timer....

Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    Scuffs are a sign of use... a badge of honour.. Anyone who polishes their watch should walk the short plank...

ENJOY YOUR WATCH! the 1st scuff is the hardest to take... The 2nd a bit less hard... the 3rd even less so.... It's your watch, following you along your voyage in LIFE.. may it show the signs of wear less distinct than you do
    Yes and no, signs of use and such but sometimes accidents happen and it's up to the owner to remove them. Plus it doesn't matter much on a non collectable piece.

Wear and enjoy in either case!
    FBPB and GRANDDUC like this.

Scuffs are a sign of use... a badge of honour.. Anyone who polishes their watch should walk the short plank...

ENJOY YOUR WATCH! the 1st scuff is the hardest to take... The 2nd a bit less hard... the 3rd even less so.... It's your watch, following you along your voyage in LIFE.. may it show the signs of wear less distinct than you do
    Amen to that Brother!!... Guess it's the same with all new things like cars etc.. Incidentally watch gained around 4 seconds overnight is this normal for a new watch guess it might settle down a bit in the coming weeks?
    Last edited by GRANDDUC; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:39.
    FBPB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDDUC View Post
    Amen to that Brother!!... Guess it's the same with all new things like cars etc.. Incidentally watch gained around 4 seconds overnight is this normal for a new watch guess it might settle down a bit in the coming weeks?
    4 seconds is nothing to worry about, that is within spec according to Mühle's website. You can read Mühle Glashütte's recommendations here: https://www.muehle-glashuette.de/en/...uette/service/

I have found my Lunova Tag/Datum runs a tiny bit fast (gained 45 seconds over 10 days, so like yours), but I bought it new only 1.5 weeks ago. This isn't the first new watch that I have had this with.

If you really want to know if it's running correctly, take it to any watch maker who has a timegrapher, they can tell you how how "healthy" the movement is (gaining or losing seconds per day, in different positions) without opening up the watch. However, new watch movements are supposed to have a "break-in" period, similar to a new car, before they "settle down". Some say a week, others say a month, so I wouldn't take it to have it checked for at least a month (unless you are losing/gaining a lot of seconds per day).
    GRANDDUC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Muhle Glashutte watches I’ve owned were overall the most accurate of any brand personally experienced. They were all ranging from +1-3 seconds/day. The Panova Blau (a keeper so far) runs +1-2 secs over 24 hrs whether worn or not. There truly is something special in their woodpecker neck regulation.

In the 2018/19 catalog I have it’s mentioned on page 134, “Why our watches are always slightly fast”. They explain (to paraphrase) that every Muhle watch is tested in all six positions and that their patented fine regulation facilitates the particularly sensitive adjustment of movement to achieve maximum precision. They specify “One of the key aspects of our corporate philosophy is to ensure that Muhle watch wearers are never too late because of their timing instruments. Being a bit early is more polite than turning up late, which is why we regulate our watches so that they are always slightly fast”. Kudos to Thilo and his marvelous team!
    JacobC and FBPB like this.

I always explain to my watchmaker that my watch error needs to be positive..love their mantra
    FBPB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteph12 View Post
    The Muhle Glashutte watches I’ve owned were overall the most accurate of any brand personally experienced. They were all ranging from +1-3 seconds/day. The Panova Blau (a keeper so far) runs +1-2 secs over 24 hrs whether worn or not. There truly is something special in their woodpecker neck regulation.

In the 2018/19 catalog I have it’s mentioned on page 134, “Why our watches are always slightly fast”. They explain (to paraphrase) that every Muhle watch is tested in all six positions and that their patented fine regulation facilitates the particularly sensitive adjustment of movement to achieve maximum precision. They specify “One of the key aspects of our corporate philosophy is to ensure that Muhle watch wearers are never too late because of their timing instruments. Being a bit early is more polite than turning up late, which is why we regulate our watches so that they are always slightly fast”. Kudos to Thilo and his marvelous team!
    That's a very German thing to do. "Always be no more, or no less, than three minutes early."
    JacobC likes this.

Just sticking with the case finish of the SAR.. even though it's advertised a Sand/Bead Blasted it seems to be more of a matt finish!! Any thoughts from other owners on this?

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDDUC View Post
    Just sticking with the case finish of the SAR.. even though it's advertised a Sand/Bead Blasted it seems to be more of a matt finish!! Any thoughts from other owners on this?
    That sounds correct for a sand/bead blasted finish, the smoothness all depends on the diameter of the sand/beads being used.

Were you hoping for something different ?

That sounds correct for a sand/bead blasted finish, the smoothness all depends on the diameter of the sand/beads being used.

Were you hoping for something different ?
    No not really but this is the first watch with this finish I have owned so going through the curiosity/check it every minute stage at the moment as I normally do with anything new I get but this will settle down in time, and as you say it depends on the size of said sand/beads. Watch is now just +6 seconds a day so perhaps this will come down in the coming weeks but +6 isn't too bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information