Simple question re Muhle Glashutte SAR Rescue Timer....
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Simple question re Muhle Glashutte SAR Rescue Timer....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is £1,280 a good price from CHRONEXT for this watch as am a bit concerned as they are not technically an Authorised Dealer of MG products or am I being over cautious?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Simple question re Muhle Glashutte SAR Rescue Timer....

It is a good price, about £350 less retail via AD. However, you are buying grey market. Pros and cons have been discussed on WatchUSeek ad nausem. Your decision.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Was hoping to try and negotiate the price down which might make my decision a little easier... Incidentally what are the main Pros and Cons? Should have added that a AD will match this price but I will have to wait 10-14 days but I can visit CHRONEXT in London tomorrow and buy it immediately as I have ordered for viewing and am hoping their margins are bigger so maybe I will be able to get the price down towards the £1100 which hopefully will negate any problems but as it's not a particularly high price item I'm not too bothered as CHRONEXT have a pretty good reputation. We shall see....
    Last edited by GRANDDUC; 1 Week Ago at 21:01.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDDUC View Post
    Was hoping to try and negotiate the price down which might make my decision a little easier... Incidentally what are the main Pros and Cons? Should have added that a AD will match this price but I will have to wait 10-14 days but I can visit CHRONEXT in London tomorrow and buy it immediately as I have ordered for viewing and am hoping their margins are bigger so maybe I will be able to get the price down towards the £1100 which hopefully will negate any problems but as it's not a particularly high price item I'm not too bothered as CHRONEXT have a pretty good reputation. We shall see....
    Main takeaway is that if you need warranty work you'll pay out of pocket. My advice is to buy Grey market only if you save more than $350, which is generally how much shipping and service will run you.
    FBPB likes this.

Job done paid £1,250. Interestingly CHRONEXT actually sourced the watch from an Authorised Dealer in Germany so technically they are not the seller so MG warranty stays intact with the German AD. Guess that's what they do with their 'new' watches. They also give their own 2 year warranty. Nice watch now I need to shorten the rubber strap.. wish me luck!!
    FBPB likes this.

Congrats and welcome to the Mühle Glashütte owners family!

Job done paid £1,250. Interestingly CHRONEXT actually sourced the watch from an Authorised Dealer in Germany so technically they are not the seller so MG warranty stays intact with the German AD. Guess that's what they do with their 'new' watches. They also give their own 2 year warranty. Nice watch now I need to shorten the rubber strap.. wish me luck!!
    As long as you have a warranty card signed by an AD you're good to go.
    FBPB likes this.

Yep signed by German AD. Anyway lets hope that a watch built like a Panzer Tank doesn't suffer any problems in the next 2 years!! And on a different subject as the case has a sandblasted finish any suggestions of how to get rid of any scuffs I am bound to pick up along the way?
    Last edited by GRANDDUC; 5 Days Ago at 15:19.
    FBPB likes this.

Yep signed by German AD. Anyway lets hope that a watch built like a Panzer Tank doesn't suffer any problems in the next 2 years!! And on a different subject as the case has a sandblasted finish any suggestions of how to get rid of any scuffs I am bound to pick up along the way?
    You'd have to have someone re-blast the case
    FBPB likes this.

Scuffs are a sign of use... a badge of honour.. Anyone who polishes their watch should walk the short plank...

ENJOY YOUR WATCH! the 1st scuff is the hardest to take... The 2nd a bit less hard... the 3rd even less so.... It's your watch, following you along your voyage in LIFE.. may it show the signs of wear less distinct than you do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information