Teutonia III Handaufzug Kleine Sekunde

Thread: Teutonia III Handaufzug Kleine Sekunde

Teutonia III Handaufzug Kleine Sekunde

Hello fellow German watch lovers .... I am considering picking this watch up, but since I cannot see one in hand I would like your opinions and impressions of it. I have looked at the threads on WUS relating to this watch, but they are mostly older or FS listings. I already have a Stowa MO with Roman indices and a Tourby Argentum 42 so the Teutonia would complement them well. Of course if anyone has any wrist shots to share, It would be great also. Thanks!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Teutonia III Handaufzug Kleine Sekunde

The Teutonia III Kleine Sek7nde is a classic and elegant timepiece in appearance. The railway minutery, the so-called "Chemin de fer", as well as the lavishly treated dial call to mind the sophisticated appearance of classic pocket watches. A five layer painted dial with alternating application and polishing per layer gives the dial a special depth and the characteristic enamel-like look of former Glashütte pocket watches.

I also like the fluted bezel of the Teutonia III. Alltogether with the white dial, roman numerals, Breguet hands a nice vintage touch and a the same time housing a contemporary movement. That‘s absolutely stunning.

Apropos fluted bezel, I owned a Breil in the 90s with a fluted bezel. Stunning piece as well, of course not the fit and finish of a Mühle.

Name:  C577B378-9128-448C-A707-E1B64C56EDCD.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  46.3 KB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I also like the fluted bezel of the Teutonia III. Alltogether with the white dial, roman numerals, Breguet hands a nice vintage touch and a the same time housing a contemporary movement. That‘s absolutely stunning.

Apropos fluted bezel, I owned a Breil in the 90s with a fluted bezel. Stunning piece as well, of course not the fit and finish of a Mühle.
    Thanks Mike, I agree with you about the fluted bezel. While I know it's not to everyone's taste, there's something quite special about the "coin edge" that gives a watch that old style look and seems entirely appropriate for a vintage-looking piece like the Teutonia III. What is your overall impression of MG? How would you view it in relation to, let's say, Stowa, Hanhart, Tourby, etc.?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nessun Dorma View Post
    Thanks Mike, I agree with you about the fluted bezel. While I know it's not to everyone's taste, there's something quite special about the "coin edge" that gives a watch that old style look and seems entirely appropriate for a vintage-looking piece like the Teutonia III. What is your overall impression of MG? How would you view it in relation to, let's say, Stowa, Hanhart, Tourby, etc.?
    I know that Jörg Schauer and Thilo Mühle are friends so I can frankly state that imho Stowa isn‘t yet playing in Mühle‘s league. Hanhart is often flying under the radar but my impression is they are on par with Mühle. It is just the small tad of better fit and finish. If Stowa is wow, Mühle and Hanhart are wow+ and, of course, Mühle with its variety of models is more widely placed in the market. And if not a sports watch most of them look classically sporty.

Name:  003FCA86-1B6A-43A7-A123-18B1975AB1EC.jpeg
Views: 94
Size:  212.5 KB

Name:  2AADBE2E-BFA6-43E1-B744-E12686633039.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  178.1 KB

Name:  F6FBBF9D-FC4B-4630-92C1-25358B19A7C4.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  C461BF53-F0BA-4F0C-98F1-DAA196971311.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  148.9 KB

Name:  C2CF56CB-E982-4D70-ABDD-7E36BA7B79CF.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  164.0 KB

That‘s something I am missing when looking at the portfolio of Tourby, Stowa, Hanhart.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information