Teutonia III Second Lug-Lug question
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike
  • 2 Post By FBPB
  • 1 Post By SpaceCadet65

Thread: Teutonia III Second Lug-Lug question

Teutonia III Second Lug-Lug question

I know the Teutonia III dimensions are 42mm/12mm with a 22mm lug width but what is the Lug-to-Lug size from top-bottom please assume around 49mm?
    Last edited by GRANDDUC; May 23rd, 2019 at 10:16.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Teutonia III Second Lug-Lug question

Nope, 52mm is the L2L size.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Nope, 52mm is the L2L size.
    Thank you that's quite a distance may have to think about that... Incidentally -as you are no doubt aware- this particular model has now been discontinued but there are still a few floating around for sale so do you think that because of this they will be more desirable going forward or less so?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRANDDUC View Post
    Thank you that's quite a distance may have to think about that... Incidentally -as you are no doubt aware- this particular model has now been discontinued but there are still a few floating around for sale so do you think that because of this they will be more desirable going forward or less so?
    I don‘t think so. The Teutonia III Small Second is not what I‘d call a Mühle Glashütte Icon. The S.A.R., the Kampfschwimmer have more potential imho.
    FBPB likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

The Seabatallion GMT isn't bad either.

But in terms of being "desireable", are you looking at this as an investment? If so, be aware that Mühle has placed itself in the "functional" category, not "luxury", a lot of their watches use Swiss movements, including your very own S.A.R., not that there is anything wrong with that!

The more "desirable" ones in the future may come from their limited editions using their own in-house movements as you can see here: https://www.muehle-glashuette.de/en/...acturing-line/ but who knows what people will want/like in 10, 20 or 50 years time? Look at Rolex, 30 years ago everyone wanted a Date Just, no one wanted their Sports models. Now the situation is completely the opposite. So, if you want to purchase something as an investment, then watches are probably not the right place.

That being aside, my Lunova Tag/Datum is an excellent watch, the fit and finish is impeccable, and I like it for the watch that it is, today. And that's all that is important.
    Last edited by FBPB; May 24th, 2019 at 08:35.
    GRANDDUC and GRANDDUC like this.

[QUOTE=FBPB;48989577]The Seabatallion GMT isn't bad either.

But in terms of being "desireable", are you looking at this as an investment? If so, be aware that Mühle has placed itself in the "functional" category, not "luxury", a lot of their watches use Swiss movements, including your very own S.A.R., not that there is anything wrong with that!

I just got this yesterday. Usually I have a hard upper limit of 50mm L2L. I tried this one at 51-52 and it seems to work for me. It could be that it works because the lugs curve down. It's right on the upper limit for my taste, but it works for mew with a 7" wrist.

As far as value retention... I'm the type that likes to have watches coming and going. I have 12 in my rotation and a rule that if one comes, one has to go. I think of it as a hobby that will cost a bit of money -m much like skiing, etc. So I don't expect things to hold value, but am sometimes surprised. I just hope not to take a bath too bad when I'm tired of wearing something. (Let's not talk about that Eterna Tangaroa).

Name:  Muhle_Sun.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  294.0 KB
    FBPB likes this.
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100-1ACR, Glycine F-104, Hamilton Khaki Aviation, 1950's Jules Jurgensen 14k Manual Wind, 1940's Longines 14k Fancy Lug Manual Wind, Orient Kamasu, RADO D-Star, Seiko 5 SNZH57, Simplify 2200 Series "The Penguin," 1978 Timex Automatic Chrome, Tissot Luxury Powermatic 80 COSC, Tudor 1926.

Thread Information