Weight of Mühle Glashütte Marinus GMT?

Thread: Weight of Mühle Glashütte Marinus GMT?

Weight of Mühle Glashütte Marinus GMT?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me the approximate weight of a Marinus GMT on bracelet? I am aware there will be some variation due to bracelet length. Thanks in advance for any help.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Weight of Mühle Glashütte Marinus GMT?

Let me google that for you: ref.no. M1-28-53-KB 143 gr on bracelet (according to a seller on chrono24.com)
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Let me google that for you: ref.no. M1-28-53-KB 143 gr on bracelet (according to a seller on chrono24.com)
    Mike, thank you very much for going to the trouble to Google that for me, most appreciated!

Unfortunately I am not sure it helps unless you are particularly confident about the seller in question. I also Googled this information and came up with 143 gr for M1-28-53-KB (Marinus GMT on rubber) and 142 gr for M1-28-53-MB (Marinus GMT on bracelet). I have only handled these watches for a few minutes but logic and that memory tells me the bracelet version should weigh more! I thought this must be the watch head only weight, but thought the best way to get the correct information was email Muhle Glashutte. I did and they responded immediately with an acknowledgement and message they would transfer the email to the correct person within their organisation to respond.

I saw the delay in responding as a good way to temper my desire for this watch. Unfortunately after a month my enthusiasm got the better of me and hence this post! I was hoping someone on WUS may have one and could help with the weight. It seems I may have to wait till Muhle Glashutte is in a position to favour me with a reply. Thanks for your help Mike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For the sake of anyone else with this question, further checking back over my info (last research was 5 weeks ago) reveals that Watch Time did an article in August 2012 and they came up with a weight of 139 grams on rubber. So the mystery of how much a Marinus GMT on bracelet weighs remains. If MG replies (they may not be able to as possibly they don't keep this older model in stock, etc) I will update this thread. If someone had one and could weigh it would be great!

I just thought I should update this thread. I emailed MG again and asked if they had missed my original enquiry after the initial response. They replied the same day very apologetic that they had missed the first enquiry. Clearly the first enquiry was an aberration and not reflective of their service, the second response a few hours after they received it seems to be the norm. Reassured me a lot about dealing with the company and just wanted to make their good service levels clear here.

The weights they came back with are 215grams for Marinus GMT on metal bracelet and 143 grams on rubber.

Thread Information