Real or Fake Tudor Black Bay?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Real or Fake Tudor Black Bay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Tudor Black Bay?

Considering purchasing this watch and would appreciate any insight into if this is real or fake? Thanks

Name:  Qn6TLrf.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  986.1 KB

Name:  i2UB8dW.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  884.5 KB

Re: Real or Fake Tudor Black Bay?

pic of the face:

Name:  Xr8yQa6.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  286.9 KB

From limited photo it looks good to me. I can not see any of the obvious tell tale signs.
    A
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks ok but someone has changed the bracelet using a hammer and chisel by the look of it.
    HOROLOGIST007 and jlow28 like this.

thanks guys, appreciate the feedback

All looks okay but that bottom right lug - what on earth happened?

This example looks good, but there are some REALLY good blackbay fakes out there be careful. I heard the only difference is some font printing and the extra resistance on the bezel on the real one

Sadly, fakes have gotten so good that it's often impossible to tell with an external visual inspection.

The only sure way to know is to inspect the movement, BUT? Tudor uses standard ETAs which are easy for the crooks to source. (Rolex movements are the easiest to spot when cloned)

To make matters worse? Some counterfeiters advertise "all Swiss", use genuine ETA 2824s and then clone the rotor - and Tudor is one of those brands.

If you have even the slightest doubt about the authenticity? Ask the seller to get paperwork or an email directly from Tudor referencing the serial number as being that exact model.

Short of that? I'm a Rolex appraiser for several jewelers in Maine and without that? Even I wouldn't be willing to say that any Tudor is authentic.

Wish I had better news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    wtma likes this.
    Current - 1978 First Edition 17013 Rolex Oysterquartz, Tag Heuer WK1111 Chronograph, Apple "Dick Tracy" wrist radio

Former watches - Sinn 142, Rolex 1503, Rolex 17013 Oysterquartz, 16803 Transitional TT Rolex Submariner, Omega GMT, Yellow Superocean, Navitimer A23322, Breitling Colt Chrono auto, Omega Flightmaster cal 910, Breitling Chronomat 13050.1, Omega Speedo reduced, Breitling Colt II SQ, 2 Omega Speedmasters Mark II (racing dial),T Serial 16613 TT Black Sub, Z Serial 16610 Rolex Sub, 18KT Rolex President 18078, 2 Rolex TT Datejust 1601, 4 Rolex TT Datejust 16013, 2 Rolex TT Submariner 16613, 3 Omega Seamaster Chronos 2599.80, 2 Rolex TT GMT Master II E 16713, Breitling Steelfish, Doxa 5000T Seaconquerer, 5 Omega SMP Bonds, Omega Speedmaster Mark 40, 2 Omega Speedmaster Triple Dates, Heuer Carrera cal 12, Breitling TT Chronomat, Breitling Jupiter Pilot, Breitling Superocean, Breitling Colt II Auto, Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, Two Sea Dwellers, and a bunch of crap

Quote Originally Posted by rscmaine View Post
    Tudor uses standard ETAs which are easy for the crooks to source. (Rolex movements are the easiest to spot when cloned)

To make matters worse? Some counterfeiters advertise "all Swiss", use genuine ETA 2824s and then clone the rotor - and Tudor is one of those brands.

Short of that? I'm a Rolex appraiser for several jewelers in Maine and without that? Even I wouldn't be willing to say that any Tudor is authentic.

Wish I had better news.

TUDOR now uses its own outstanding in-house movement. This model uses that new Tudor MT 5602 caliber. It has apart from other unique features it uses a silicon spring on balance wheel.
    Not possible for the counterfeiters to make or copy.
    Adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by HOROLOGIST007 View Post
    TUDOR now uses its own outstanding in-house movement. This model uses that new Tudor MT 5602 caliber. It has apart from other unique features it uses a silicon spring on balance wheel.
    Not possible for the counterfeiters to make or copy.
    Adam
    I was unaware of that, my experience with Tudor is limited to the older Subs and the Datejust style.

That's really good news. Many thanks!

Does anyone have a photo of the new 5602? And what are the visually distinctive elements?

I'd love to add that line to my appraisal work if I could easily identify a genuine movement.

Current - 1978 First Edition 17013 Rolex Oysterquartz, Tag Heuer WK1111 Chronograph, Apple "Dick Tracy" wrist radio

Former watches - Sinn 142, Rolex 1503, Rolex 17013 Oysterquartz, 16803 Transitional TT Rolex Submariner, Omega GMT, Yellow Superocean, Navitimer A23322, Breitling Colt Chrono auto, Omega Flightmaster cal 910, Breitling Chronomat 13050.1, Omega Speedo reduced, Breitling Colt II SQ, 2 Omega Speedmasters Mark II (racing dial),T Serial 16613 TT Black Sub, Z Serial 16610 Rolex Sub, 18KT Rolex President 18078, 2 Rolex TT Datejust 1601, 4 Rolex TT Datejust 16013, 2 Rolex TT Submariner 16613, 3 Omega Seamaster Chronos 2599.80, 2 Rolex TT GMT Master II E 16713, Breitling Steelfish, Doxa 5000T Seaconquerer, 5 Omega SMP Bonds, Omega Speedmaster Mark 40, 2 Omega Speedmaster Triple Dates, Heuer Carrera cal 12, Breitling TT Chronomat, Breitling Jupiter Pilot, Breitling Superocean, Breitling Colt II Auto, Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, Two Sea Dwellers, and a bunch of crap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information