2014 NAWCC National Convention

Thread: 2014 NAWCC National Convention

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

2014 NAWCC National Convention

The 2014 NAWCC National Convention will be held on June 17-21 in Milwaukee, WI. Pre-registration is possible through March 30.

I have my table reserved already-I hope to see some other WUS members there!

NAWCC National Convention
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Banned

Re: 2014 NAWCC National Convention

What is the entrance fee just as a "spectator"? Is that just the $40 pre-registration fee? I plan on attending.

Provided that you are a current member of the NAWCC(which reminds me that I need to renew), it is $40 if you pre-register and $60 at the door to get into the National Convention mart.
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_hutcherson View Post
    Provided that you are a current member of the NAWCC(which reminds me that I need to renew), it is $40 if you pre-register and $60 at the door to get into the National Convention mart.
    One thing I noticed at the Regional is the rates are geared for exhibitors and not the public. I have the impression the exhibitors spend most of their time selling to each other!

Another thing I noticed was I was younger than the average age of the exhibitors... Projecting ten years into the future does not lead to optimism based on that observation. (I'm several years into retirement... don't give out my age normally since that makes ID theft easier -- and I was not really born on Jan 1, 1950 if you look up my birthdate... )
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Banned

Looks like I will be attending for the $40 fee.

I've often wondered why these events don't have a 'public' day, advertised as something like "the worlds largest watch flea market (boot sale to the Brits )"... ?? Obviously they can't charge $40 for admission...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Ben,

Me and Tiffany just registered online.

We will be there early Thursday morning, bought the early bird entry passes.

See you at the show!

This is just a reminder that the National is next week!

Unfortunately, I will not be attending, as I've had a family emergency come up. I hope that everyone who does attend has a great time!

Thread Information