Florida Regional - Feb 13 to Feb 15 in Daytona

Thread: Florida Regional - Feb 13 to Feb 15 in Daytona

Florida Regional - Feb 13 to Feb 15 in Daytona

Searching through the upcoming meetings I find the Florida Regional looks promising to those of us who collect watches. There is a huge swap meet with space for 300 vendors. And a program that watch collectors will find useful and informative! (see below).

You can get full details at the Regional's website: NAWCC - Florida Mid-Winter Regional Home

(Note: you can get discount rates at the hotels (in High Season!) and the site is just a short walk to the beach. So you can go to the watch show and you will hear no grumping from the wife and kids! )

Program:

Subject: Searching for hard to find parts for watch repair.

Speaker: Ken Pell

Ken has a long history of presentations at national, regional, and local NAWCC events. His experience of teaching watch repair at Winter Park Tech in Winter Park Tech for 17 years has allowed him to share his knowledge and experiences with NAWCC members. He has served as an officer for Chapter 19 for several years where he is currently Vice President and Program Manager. He has also served on the Board of Directors of American Watch and Clockmakers Institute.
    ================================================== ==================

Subject: What do watch timing machines really tell us about watch performance?

Speaker: Ken Goss

Ken has been a frequent speaker at NAWCC local and regional events. His expertise is repair and maintenance of high grade Swiss watches.

Subject: The amazing Bulova Accutron Watch.

Speaker: Hal Thorton.

Hal is one of the foremost experts on the history and repair of various models of Accutron watches.

Subject: “Why won’t my ATMOS run?”

Speaker: Ed O’Brien

Ed has been a frequent presenter at local and regional events and is currently president of Chapter 19. His latest horological accomplishment has been mastering the repair and maintenance of ATMOS clocks. Ed is also a former clock repair instructor at Winter Park Tech.

Subject: Manufacturing clock parts with a lathe and milling machine.

Speaker: Roger Moses

Roger is a former clock repair instructor at Winter Park Tech and specializes in advanced machinery for manufacturing wheels, pinions, and other parts for clocks. He is currently Treasurer for chapter 19 and has been a frequent presenter.

Subject: Evolution of the Wristwatch: From Wristlets to Wrist Devices.

Speaker: Randy Jaye

Randy has been the president of NAWCC Chapter 154 - Daytona Beach, FL for several years and has been an active participant in past Florida Mid-Winter Regionals. He is an avid collector of wristwatches, pocket watches and clocks. He has had several articles published in the NAWCC Watch & Clock Bulletin, and is currently researching several horological topics.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Re: Florida Regional - Feb 13 to Feb 15 in Daytona

Years ago I was stuck in GA overnight on the Interstate waiting for the state's salt truck to deice the road... I don't want to relive that so didn't drive to this.

But if anyone else made it, we would love a report!!

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Yes, I too would love to hear a report. The WWT show was yesterday and today...I've heard rumblings but no "seen/bought/sold" lists.
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Reports from the NAWCC Message Board

Daytona Beach NAWCC and WWT shows
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

I would guess there were wristwatches there too... but no reports

Since most of my friends who go to these things are PW guys, the reports I get are pretty heavily biased in that direction.

Hopefully, some wristwatch guys went to the show and can report on what they saw.

Thread Information