Lexington, KY Regional January 17-18 2014

Thread: Lexington, KY Regional January 17-18 2014

Vintage & NAWCC Forum moderator Ben_hutcherson's Avatar

Lexington, KY Regional January 17-18 2014

Time is rapidly approaching for the Lexington, KY regional meeting. Although this is a relatively small show(130-140 tables the past few years) we try hard to always make it a good show. It is the first show of the year on the NAWCC calendar, and many folks are always there itching to buy, sell, and just show off watches and clocks.

I am working on lining up at least one great watch-related talk for Friday morning. I will post details on this as time comes closer and details get firmed up.

2014 Regional Ad-2-low res.pdf
    Member National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Re: Lexington, KY Regional January 17-18 2014

Looks like we are set for John Cote to give a talk on "Collecting Watches Without Going Broke."

John Cote is a professional photographer and has been collecting Illinois watches(among others) for 30 years. This is a talk focusing on finding the rare and unusual but still affordable pieces to keep ones' collection interesting without spending a lot of money. I'm very excited about hearing this talk.

The talk will be at 11:00 AM on Friday, January 17 at the hotel where the show is being held(Clarion off Newtown Pike). Remember that all talks and exhibits at NAWCC regionals are free and open to the public.
    Last edited by Ben_hutcherson; December 21st, 2013 at 21:51.
    Member, NAWCC Chapter 149. Vice President and Secretary NAWCC Chapter 140. Member, NAWCC Convention Committee.
    Serious collector of American pocket watches-Waltham(and the predecessor companies) is my specialty.

Re: Lexington, KY Regional January 17-18 2014

In addition to the above, Jim Miller with Clockworks, Inc will be hosting a workshop on Friday afternoon on troubleshooting clock movements.

Thread Information