NAWCC BOD Nominations

Thread: NAWCC BOD Nominations

NAWCC BOD Nominations

The NAWCC's Nominating and Elections Committee (NEC) is currently seeking persons who are interested in serving on the Board of Directors for the NAWCC from June 2015 to June 2019. If you or someone you know has an interest in serving in this capacity, review the nomination form and information at: http://www.nawcc.org/images/stories/...ation_form.pdf. To discuss this opportunity, you can contact me or any member of the NEC. - Steve Humphrey, Executive Director

Re: NAWCC BOD Nominations

Hi Markus
    Can I apply?
    What are the conditions?
    We need wristwatch people.
    Is there sub groups that I (we) can request?
    Please let me know.
    Bee seeing you very, very soon.
    Arrive 29th August for three months
    Adam
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Re: NAWCC BOD Nominations

I agree the NAWCC has to increase its participation in the watch (wristwatch) collecting community. It is about 100X larger than the pocket watch and clock communities and such collectors could reverse the erosion of membership.

My brief exposure last year to the BOD made me think they are a group of interesting folks. I know the NAWCC staff are a bunch of great folks. Working with all of them would be fun.

But I also know from my experience serving on boards over the years is they can be painful if every one is not trying to row in the same direction. If I thought they were onboard to veering into wristwatches I'd be interested in serving too. I am not sure they are. (But most do wear wristwatches!! ... some looked like they were even nicer than any I have! )
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information