RGM Watch Company hosts Event at National Watch & Clock Museum
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Eeeb
  • 1 Post By David Woo

Thread: RGM Watch Company hosts Event at National Watch & Clock Museum

RGM Watch Company hosts Event at National Watch & Clock Museum

Roland Murphy, owner of the RGM Watch Company of Mt. Joy, Pennsylvania, hosted a group of his clients and the press Saturday afternoon at the National Watch and Clock Museum. He personally gives the guided tour of the museum in addition to a tour of his facilities in Mt. Joy. His clients are asked to make a donation to the museum and over $2,000 were donated by the more than sixty visitors. Roland has been a member of NAWCC since 1981 and is currently a NAWCC business member. RGM Watches is known for bringing watch manufacturing back to the United States. The parts for RGM’s watches except jewels and springs are made locally. In addition to manufacturing watches the company is also known for watch repair and restoration and serves as the official U.S. repair center for several brands.

For more information on RGM Watch Company go to RGM Watch Company

Re: RGM Watch Company hosts Event at National Watch & Clock Museum

I went to PA for this. It was WONDERFUL. Unfortunately my new camera decided to show me I did not understand it and I have no pics. But Adam was there too and has some!! He said he would post them when he got a chance.

We got to see the building of a watch from the cad through fabrication and assembly to final testing. It was wonderful. RMG is the only boutique vendor in the US that does its own movements... and there are very few in the world. And I got to do a survey of 'what is that watch you are wearing?' of the crowd. Got to see my first Patek on the wrist! (I wore a Krieger.)

In the afternoon Roland gave a guided tour of the NAWCC Museum... that too was great. He has a great perspective. But I most enjoyed talking to the folks in the group. A crowd of real watch people is a thing of beauty and a joy forever especially in the relaxed atmosphere of the day.

After the tour RGM's new watch was revealed. It has a genuine hand painted enamel dial which duplicates a specialty watch made by Waltham... I'll not say more - they all made me wait to find out what was going on so I'll torture you like I was tortured! LOL

Ahhh.... it's on their Facebook page. Here is a pic:

Name:  10005822_10152353860901752_9187021795877075971_o.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  63.8 KB
    Last edited by Eeeb; September 30th, 2014 at 01:50.
    bobbee, Horoticus and DragonDan like this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Those look like really fine watches Eeeb!
    I can just imagine, sixty-odd people with their heads down, surreptitiously looking at each others watches!
    Sounds like a fun time was had.
    Bob.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice Eeeb! What a fascinating time. Hope you get that camera sorted out for the next watch adventure, though.

Adam? Adam? Where are those pics?

it's kinda of cool that Roland puts so much effort into the watch community at large: commendable.
    HOROLOGIST007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    it's kinda of cool that Roland puts so much effort into the watch community at large: commendable.
    +1
    VERY commendable
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Thread Information