WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Athaya Vintage 2nd Watch Project : LAMAFA Diver Watch

29K views 152 replies 42 participants last post by  SamaelStrings 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

First of all i would like to say thx to Ernie and WUS that approved me to post in this section.

I would like to share my 2nd watch project which named as "LAMAFA Diver Watch". Lamafa name is taken from a whaler from East Part of my country Indonesia.

The watch specs will be :
- Case Material & Finishing : SS 316L, Brushed.
- Case Dimension : +/- width 44.30 x Lug to Lug tip 48.00 x Total Thickness including glass 13.50
- Lug size : 20mm
- Glass : Domed Sapphire with AR Coating.
- Bezel : SS 316L, 120 clicks, Unidirectional.
- Crown : SS 316L, Screw down Triple o-ring with AV Logo.
- Caseback : SS 316L, Screw down with engraved design and AV Logo.
- Movement : Seiko Instrument Automatic NH35A Hacked second.
- Strap : Rubber Strap
- Water Resistant : 200 meter
- Dial : Blue/Black sunburst with AV Lamafa design
- Hands : silver AV Lamafa design
- Luminova : C3 Superluminova on Dial, Hands and Bezel pip.

Available in 4 Color and Model :
1. Blue insert with Blue sunburst dial with Date.
2. Blue insert with Blue sunburst dial without Date.
3. Black insert with Blacksunburst dial with Date.
4. Blackinsert with Blacksunburst dial without Date.

Schedule Plan :
- Case drawing and rendering ETA finish this October 2014.
- Prototyping will run after all drawing oke, ETA finish at the end of November or Early December.
- Mass Production and available in market will be ready ETA early 2015.

And here is some initial drawing for it, will udpate for some 3D drawing as soon as its ready.

Thank you for visiting guys, any comment and input will be really helpful for future improvement. And again thank u very much for WUS that allowing me to share this project.

See less See more
#7 ·
@all Thank u guys... really appreciate it...

Yes this watch is inspire by several vintage watch, the design, the color, the hands, especially from vintage 6105.

I will announce the pricing as soon as i got all the cost plan for it, and will open a pre-order as soon as i get it.

Thank u very much for your support and interest...

#13 ·
@all Thank u guys... really appreciate it...

Yes this watch is inspire by several vintage watch, the design, the color, the hands, especially from vintage 6105.

I will announce the pricing as soon as i got all the cost plan for it, and will open a pre-order as soon as i get it.

Thank u very much for your support and interest...
Seriously? Can you show me a second set of hands that look this close to what I've drawn for the Huldra?
Flieger or ploprof hands are pretty much stock and used every where but as far as I can tell the Huldra handset is/was unique because I designed them unless there's something out there that is 99% the same that I'm unaware of.

Chip

#10 · (Edited)
Hello All,

First of all i would like to say Happy New year to all of you, wish the best to you and your family in this new year.

And also I want to inform that the Lamafa watch prototype has been finsihed and I also already open a 30 days Pre-order campaign through Indiegogo Campain as folow :

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/athaya-vintage-av002-lamafa-diver-watch-200m/x/9009031

And here is the some prototype photos :

Complete photos on : http://www.athayavintage.com/2013-10-03-10-50-31/av002-lamafa-diver-watch

Wish me luck guys...

#18 ·
@itranslator yes the price on th online store already including shipping cost using registered airmail with tracking number.

You can choose another shipping method such ems or fedex during checkout with some extra.

Regards,

Adrian
Sent from tapatalk

#19 ·
@itranslator yes the price on th online store already including shipping cost using registered airmail with tracking number.

You can choose another shipping method such ems or fedex during checkout with some extra.

Regards,

Adrian
Sent from tapatalk
I must be missing something. Checkout bring me direct to paypal and I don't see additional option. Am I missing a step?

Sorry for the typos..am using auto correction.

#26 ·
Good design and everyone loves the 6105.. so in that aspect you should do well.. i just have a small suggestion. You might want to work on the pictures of the prototype on your site. All pictures have a golden tinge to them. I am not a professional photographer.. this b is just my opinion. Good luck with your initiative.

#27 ·
I apologize for my scrutiny, but the closeup pictures of the dial show some very sloppy lume application in some areas, and rough edges on the marker surrounds. Also, the hands seem to have rough finish in certain closeups. Is there any explanation for this? Can we expect better on the final version? The watch design and concept is appealing to me, and well executed, but I am hesitant to pre-order based on the rough markers and lume... it pushes me to wait until final produciton and some customer reviews and wristshots. Does anybody see teh same thing I do? P.S. much respect to Athaya Vintage and all other indie micros out there who can turn their vision and passion into a reality -

#30 ·
Really like this - can I justify it when I already have a Dagaz though...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.