Aurora - Limited Edition by Hvitsten Timepieces (Norway)
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aurora - Limited Edition by Hvitsten Timepieces (Norway)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aurora - Limited Edition by Hvitsten Timepieces (Norway)

Hi everyone,

My name is Hakon-André Blad, the founder of Hvitsten Timepieces, which is a newly founded watch company based in Norway.

Watch companies are definitely not something Norway is famous for - in a matter of fact only one (1) company is known to the outside world. We thought it was tragic that the world would not get to experience Norwegian design, so Hvitsten Timepieces was born.

The brand was founded in the beautiful small town, Hvitsten. The small town is a hidden and often forgotten pearl with Norwegian nature. Old traditional houses, farms and grass on the roofs are just some of the things that may be seen upon visit. We want to build on just that, old norwegian nature and traditions. Then Aurora was born, a timepiece that combines a minimalistic Norwegian design with true craftsmanship.

The specifications are as follows:

Limited Edition of 350 pieces.

Case size: 42,5mm
    Material: Stainless Steel
    Glass: Sapphire Crystal
    Movement: Slim Miyota Cal. 9015 Automatic
    Hands: Hour/Minute/Seconds
    Water Resistance: 5ATM
    Strap: Genuine leather
    Colors: White/silver, black/silver & black/gold

The price for this beauty is only $229

Available now through our newly launched IndieGoGo Campaign

---

Aurora will be available in three colours:

Name:  allmodels.png
Views: 1275
Size:  280.0 KB

Aurora - Tommy Østgaard Edition

A couple of weeks ago we announced that we had partnered up with the rising Norwegian motorsport star, Tommy Østgaard.

Having won the Formula Basic Factor-x series in 2011, and making his international debut in 2012, Norwegian-born Tommy (dob: 8 March 1993) has set his eyes on the Michelin Clio Cup Series with Protyre title in 2013.

Following in his father’s footsteps - a former motorsport driver in multiple genres - Tommy started his racing-career at an early age. Already when he was 15 when he got the chance to make the step into single-seaters, driving in the Scandinavian Formula Basic Championship, and in 2011, Tommy to proved his talent and speed by finishing on the podium 18 times in a row out of 19 races, winning 10 of them.

Therefore we are very excited to announce the official Tommy Østgaard Edition of Aurora.

Name:  Close-up_Black.png
Views: 1136
Size:  283.8 KB

The timepiece comes with a handcrafted stainless-steel casing and matt black dial. In the box you will also find a personal letter written and signed by Tommy Østgaard himself.

T.Østgaard Edition will be limited to 50 pieces worldwide

Want to know more about Aurora and how you can get your hands on one - visit our newly launched IndieGoGo campaign!

Last edited by HBlad; October 11th, 2014 at 17:17.

Re: Aurora - Limited Edition by Hvitsten Timepieces (Norway)

Welcome and thanks for sharing your new project. It's a very clean and appealing design and a very attractive price for a Miyota 9015 piece. Of late there are so many dressier pieces that just take a standard design and slap on a logo but you've taken the effort to design something that is a little more interesting and stands out. Some might complain that 42mm is a little too large for a dress watch but I think it works since the design supports the concept. While I don't wear dress watches I believe you'll find many who this greatly appeals to. I wish you much success.
    Deledda likes this.
    - Jason

What's the thickness/ height of the watch?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

All the best and success on your campaign. I suggest adding more detailed and clearer pictures of each model.

Thank you so much for the warm welcoming and the good feedback regarding Aurora.

I am very happy to hear that the price was found to be very attractive. We have really been working hard to be able to offer the timepiece at this price.
    Hope someone who are on the lookout for a new dress watch find this attractive and wants to be one of 350 people in the world with this piece.

Edit:
    The height of the watch is 10,5 mm.

Will add more pictures now
    Last edited by HBlad; October 11th, 2014 at 16:57.
    X2-Elijah likes this.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413090041.919007.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  257.5 KB

http://wornandwound.com/2013/12/23/dagaz-aurora-hands/

I just thought I'd better point out that there is a watch model 'Aurora' already made by Dagaz.

It is a totally different design and you won't really be stepping on each other's toes when it comes to sales, but I'm not sure how Jake (the owner of Dagaz) would feel?

Other than the name, it's a nice, clean design at a very decent price, and I do wish you well...I just had to point out the name as an Aurora owner already!
    EL_GEEk likes this.

Don't think names of watch models are trademarked/restricted like that... Brand names, sure, but the model ranges? No way.
    Outgoing: Obris Morgan Seastar 60s
    Wearing: E.C.A Calypso Sport, Islander ISL-09
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    Don't think names of watch models are trademarked/restricted like that... Brand names, sure, but the model ranges? No way.
    Maybe not, but I just wanted to point it out in case they weren't already aware.

I'd much rather have a unique name for a watch if I was a new brand.

The other Aurora is from another WUS popular microbrand and was only released in the last year or so.
    X2-Elijah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBaldJunior View Post
    Maybe not, but I just wanted to point it out in case they weren't already aware.

I'd much rather have a unique name for a watch if I was a new brand.

The other Aurora is from another WUS popular microbrand and was only released in the last year or so.
    Thanks for pointing that out - I was not aware that another micro brand had used that name already. We use Aurora because of the rare natural phenomena "Aurora Borealis", also known as northern lights. Anyway, good to hear that the design and price was likeable :)
    JohnnyBaldJunior likes this.

what's the difference between the normal Aurora timepiece vs Tommy Ostgaard Edition? I can't tell the difference with limited pictures.
    Tons of positive feedback buy and trade with confidence. Express shipping to CONUS direct from Malaysia except accessories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information