ManchesterWatchWorks launches the TatoskoQ Dive Watch - Page 5
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: ManchesterWatchWorks launches the TatoskoQ Dive Watch

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: ManchesterWatchWorks launches the TatoskoQ

Quote Originally Posted by Djk949 View Post
    Thanks for your comments.
    But, as I have known and experienced firsthand, KS/watch launch success doesn't boil down to one (or a few design tweaks).
    Also, I started down this road with a specific mission to create watches/designs I like and would want to buy because they add something new to vintage designs or an unexpected twist. So, this is what I do. And if they fail, so be it - and I will fail with my dignity intact :)

That being said, I'm sure you noticed that I'm always open to suggestions and do implement many of them.
    Yes definitely a designer will want to stand by his creation. No doubt. And I also agreed that it's not able just one buyers suggestion that count.

Cheers.

Also, just looking around - something's going on with all these KS-targeted micros popping up (yours among them). The numbers are off the charts. It looks like the micro space is a very, very bad place to be in nowadays.
    sriracha likes this.
    Wearing: E.C.A Calypso Sport, Islander ISL-09
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    Also, just looking around - something's going on with all these KS-targeted micros popping up (yours among them). The numbers are off the charts. It looks like the micro space is a very, very bad place to be in nowadays.
    True, but it's not just for watches. Check out KS projects for wallets. For every watch project popping up, there're 3 times more on wallets.
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Aye, but that's been going on for ever since KS started. This watch frenzy is somewhat new in the scale it's now accrued.

Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    Yep. Seems everyone and their mother has a watch in the works...
    "No ice in my drink, got enough in my watch..." -Juicy J

Re: ManchesterWatchWorks launches the TatoskoQ Dive Watch

Wow I am really bum that this did not go through. I liked everything about your diver. I hope you continue with this model in the near future. I think you have something here. I would buy it. I read on your site what the Logo means on your dial. You stated Since we are based in Vermont, our logo not only depicts the letters 'M' and 'W' for our name, but also the Green Mountains (top triangles) and their reflections on a glassy lake (bottom triangles). I like that has some meaning to it. I have a little view to throw out there I think it would look good if you could put MWW on the dial between diamond shapes logo, just think it would give the dial more balance and foundation but if you chose not to, I would still buy it.

Teddy

Thanks Teddy!
    Yeah, I like stories behind designs and watches, which is probably why I love vintage inspired watches for my brand and my own personal collection.
    And you read my mind - My next release will have MWW under the triangle logo :)

Btw - if things turn around for MWW, then I will definitely relaunch past models as I still wear them all the time and love 'em.
    Last edited by Djk949; November 11th, 2014 at 22:57.

By now, you probably all have seen some or all of my efforts to start up ManchesterWatchWorks. My most recent launch was the TatoskoQ - a Swiss quartz powered diver. I made many design changes in response to your valid suggestions, but this is the biggest one I could not do at the time of the Kickstarter campaign.

After many discussions/negotiations with my watch manufacturer, I am proud to announce that we have agreed that the TatoskoQ could preserve all it's specifications and be powered by the venerable Miyota 9015 automatic movement (cue angels singing).

And after much contemplation, I have decided to give something back to my WUS compadres by only offering the pre-order here and for the lowest price I could offer - $230 with $10 shipping in the CONUS (everywhere else - $25). I think (corrrect me if I am wrong) that this is the lowest price ever for a 9015 powered diver. Note: This is by no means a cheap watch - I am only selling it cheap. In fact, many of you may already have a watch in your collection made by the same manufacturer. As such, the Tatoskok Automatic will retain all the high grade materials, superior fit/finish and prior specs.

This time, the Tatoskok will be offered only with the bead blasted finish (which the majority wanted). The design will be the most recent with the "new" bezel insert and "new" hands. See render below.

Also, the strap choice is up for vote. There is the rubber strap seen previously or an Isofrane style strap or maybe even something the majority suggest.

A prototype is on it's way to me within 2 weeks. I'll post pics as soon as I have it in hand.

If you are in, post below to say so, post your strap vote and send the aforementioned amount to [email protected] via paypal with your WUS username and confirmed address. Once we get 85 committed folks, we will start production. I will keep the tally with posts to this thread so you know how close we are. Also, I am not a WUS sponsor so please feel free to post this deal on other WUS fora so we can get this on your wrists!

Anticipated changes to production model:
    - 'MWW' printed under the triangle logo
    - 'Automatic 9015' engraved on caseback instead of 'Swiss Quartz'
    - 'TatoskoQ' changed to 'Tatoskok'

Here are some pics and quick specs to refresh your memories (check out the TatoskoQ reviews on Timebum, Oceanictime, Watchfreeks and A Blog to Watch for even more info/opinions):
    - 42.5mm case, 12mm thick
    - 316L bead blasted steel case
    - 120 click unidirectional bezel
    - 200m water resistance
    - screwed down crown and caseback
    - sapphire crystal
    - 22mm drilled lugs
    - 47mm lug to lug
    - the bezel insert and hands will be as seen in render below

Cheers,
    Doug

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Djk949; December 2nd, 2014 at 23:19.

Oh man...why now? My funds are drying up but for a $230 automatic 9015 diver...
    I'm in!
    I vote Isofrane style. I know it' overused, but it'll look killer on that thing.
    Djk949 and MEzz like this.
    "No ice in my drink, got enough in my watch..." -Juicy J

Yeah, afaik that should be the downright cheapest deal for a 9015 micro.
    I'm a bit cash-strapped, (and the design is still not my kinda thing, unfortunately), so I'm not gonna be in, but all things considered - this is actually a pretty enticing package now. You should probably update the posts (if you can) on blogs about this watch with the new information.
    Djk949 likes this.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information