I'm in the UK, new to this forum, and don't yet have a smart watch - though I have lots of conventional ones! The advice I am asking for is about which smart watch I could choose. My essential problem is that I have an iPhone 5S which I'm very happy with, and I don't want to go back to Android, really. When I've looked on Amazon etc. I have seen huge numbers of watches that are supposed to be compatible with iPhones, (though clearly the features aren't all available except with Android) - so it's hard to get a real idea of which are really compatible. I don't need many features anyway, but here are my basic requirements.
1. I DON'T want an Apple watch - I don't like the appearance - or the price.
2. I don't particularly want to spend £300+, though this isn't necessarily a deal-breaker if I found exactly what I want.
3. I don't need all the fitness features, so a watch that's especially geared to activity would be unsuitable.
4. I'd really like a watch with variable face styles - not a purely analogue face.
5. As far as connectivity with the iPhone is concerned, I'd be happy if the watch just beeped/vibrated when I have an incoming call or text - I don't need to be able to answer the call or see the text on the watch - I can just take my phone out of my pocket for that. It would also be great if the watch updated its timekeeping from the phone so that it's always correct.
Other features like GPS and so on would be a bonus but not necessarily important. I don't have a big issue about battery life - it can go on charge every night.
Is there anything out there that definitely fits all my requirements? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.