Hey everyone. I have a buddy who is looking for a new smart watch that isn't an Apple watch. He originally asked about the Tag Heuer Connected watch. I don't know enough to give him a solid recommendation, but I feel like $1500 for a smart watch is a little nuts. Does anyone have experience with the Tag? Is it worth it? Do you guys have any other suggestions? Here's his list of "wants". Thanks in advance!
- Display: always on
- Battery life: several days
- Notifications: customizable (i have to believe this is standard at this point). i really only give a .... about calendar, mail and text alerts. if i dismissed a mail alert with my pebble, it would mark the email as read which is a very minor thing but i loved that
- Water-proof: minimally splash-proof (aka IP67) but ideally waterproof to several meters so my man sweat doesn't break it and i can wear it in the pool if i so choose
- App store: mandatory for additional apps and watch faces for the watch. if there is one that also provides watch-integrated apps for my phone, all the better
- API for watch apps: very high priority. i want to be able to buy watch apps / watch faces created by the community, not just ones that the OS manufacturer provides