Couple of 'beginner' questions
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 88Keys
  • 1 Post By SwissArmyTenor

Thread: Couple of 'beginner' questions

Couple of 'beginner' questions

I hadn't considered a smart watch until today, when I saw one at Dillards and found you can have any number of watch face styles - something I really like.

Really, that's my only reason for wanting one, which likely means I'm looking for a base model (but I don't mind shelling out a for a quality screen that's on par with most others out there).

Not looking for social media, text, fitness, phone, email, etc..., but I know I'm sure to get some of that, anyway. I've done some looking around on the net, and the Asus Zenwatch 3 looks interesting - doesn't seem to have as many bells and whistles, cost is lower, like what I saw on watch face choices.

I'm guessing that most of these watches offer many downloadable watch faces, but some likely have better selections than others.

Hoping some folks here might recommend some other smart watches based on the above...or for other reasons - you never know! Good screen res and face choices are the number 1 selling point, right now, though.

Thanks!

Re: Couple of 'beginner' questions

After looking at a few, it seems that the watch faces are dependent on the software, and many watches appear to use the same software - duh.

Depending on the watch, it is often a trivial task to make your own faces. There are some apps to do this.

I have sold it now, but when I had my Samsung Gear S2 Classic, I made a reproduction of my first ever watch, which I got when I was about ten years old:

If you have some graphic design skills, you can make any watch face you like. About the only smart watch you can't make custom faces for is the Apple Watch.
    peagreen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's pretty cool - thanks for the tip!
    88Keys likes this.

Many of the Garmin watches allow you to install custom dial software and to select the data fields... analog, digital... you can even integrate a custom photo or logo in some of the watch faces.
    Cyclist, runner, autocrosser & track junkie, hockey player, and watch enthusiast
    Growing watch collection:
    Seiko SBDC005 - orange Sumo, Seiko 7A28-7049 - classic quartz chrono, Seiko 7T3207F09 - classic quartz alarm chrono, Seiko SKX009j - classic diver, Seiko SKX011 - classic diver, orange dial, Seiko 7S26-0050 - midsize black diver, mini Sumo? (future beater!), Seiko SKX007 - several modded...

Garmin Fenix 5 on orange NATO 2 piece straps.

First watch - 1972 Seiko automatic, bought new, still own

Memorable Catch & Release:
    1950 Breitling Chronomat - Bought, restored, wore, forgot to wind, missed meetings, sold!

Other illnesses -- collecting Italian racing bikes, audiophile, amateur photographer, DE shaver (Gillette Slim, Fatboy)

Samsung Gear Sport is good choice too.

A lot of the mainstream smart watches also have app integrations with your smartphone so you can also check the weather, make calls, answer text messages, etc but this is also dependent on the watch you buy.

Thread Information