Garmin Tactix Bravo experience

Thread: Garmin Tactix Bravo experience

Garmin Tactix Bravo experience

Hi Watchyouseek..

For long i have been using the forum, but this is my first post as i could mit find any clear answers to my question.

I am really tempted to pull the trigger on the Garmin Tactix Bravo, but i'm in doubt wheter it is worth it's price tag or not.
    I'm working as a Maintenance Engineer onboard an oil rig, and will be using the watch everyday so it needs to be pretty rugged.

As some of you guys might know, the Tactix is almost identical to the Fenix 3, but twice the price of its non-sapphire brother.
    The Tactix has sapphire glass and a scratch proof DLC coating, while the entry level Fenix 3 has normal glass and an unknown dark finish on the bezel.

So my question for you Tactix owners out there, how are your watches holding up? Is the DLC diamond coating as efficient as it sounds?

I'd of cause like to keep my watch in good condition, but cannot avoid a few dings from time to time.
    I would prefer to use one watch only, but if the DLC coating is only a gimmick and will not hold up to the daily use and abuse, I might as well save the money og get two entry level Fenixes and use one as a beater watch.

Best regards,
    Christian

Re: Garmin Tactix Bravo experience

I don't think the DLC coating can stand up to abuse. You are better off getting a fenix 3 with sapphire glass. (Yes there is one.)
    If knocked really hard, the DLC will chip and it will be more obvious and a fenix 3 getting a scratch on the side. My fenix 3 has stand up to more than it's fair share of daily abuse. I fell down a couple of times with the watch during my bike ride, a few times while running as well (yes yes...clumsy.. but apart from a few scratches, even my mineral crystal is holding up well.)
    Current Collection
    Aquadive Bathysphere 500 twin barrel, Archimede pilot 42,
    Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0934, Damasko DA47, Dievas Vintage 3646, Maranez Bangla Ti, Rolex Milgauss, SAS AIR first edition, Seiko Alpinist SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko Prospex Ti SBDN003, Makara Octopus, Corniche Heritage 40, Tempest Forged Carbon, Magrette Vantage Bronze, Gruppo Gamma Titanium Vanguard Giubileo, Gruppo Gamma Bronze Vanguard

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”

Re: Garmin Tactix Bravo experience

Attachment 10346354
    Here u go, these are the scratches from all those falls, bangs, etc. Main scratches at the start/stop area of the bezel.
    Current Collection
    Aquadive Bathysphere 500 twin barrel, Archimede pilot 42,
    Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0934, Damasko DA47, Dievas Vintage 3646, Maranez Bangla Ti, Rolex Milgauss, SAS AIR first edition, Seiko Alpinist SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko Prospex Ti SBDN003, Makara Octopus, Corniche Heritage 40, Tempest Forged Carbon, Magrette Vantage Bronze, Gruppo Gamma Titanium Vanguard Giubileo, Gruppo Gamma Bronze Vanguard

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the single candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”

Thread Information