Google Pixel watch?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Google Pixel watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Google Pixel watch?

As my gen1 Moto360 is starting to lose the ability to display parts of the screen, I know I've got to eventually replace it if I want to keep a smartwatch on my wrist.

Been taking a look at some of the current offerings, but then this article from CNET caught my eye:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/google-pix...-release-date/

Will be very interested to see what Google brings to the table with their own watch hardware, if this is to be believed.
    Hopefully mine will stay alive enough in case this speculation becomes a reality.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

I still use the Sony SmartWatch 3, which I think was the all time best SmartWatch for my needs. I'll be interested to see what's on the pixel watch
    TheJohnP likes this.

Re: Google Pixel watch?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJohnP View Post
    Been taking a look at some of the current offerings, but then this article from CNET caught my eye:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/google-pix...-release-date/

Will be very interested to see what Google brings to the table with their own watch hardware, if this is to be believed.
    Hopefully mine will stay alive enough in case this speculation becomes a reality.
    What I find most interesting is what it says about Qualcomm designing a new chipset for this new round of watches. It's about time, too -- this is what's been holding back Android Wear watches.
    TheJohnP likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i wish samsung would join and make google wear but will be interested to see what google will make here
    TheJohnP likes this.

The video on that cnet page is showing a Huawei watch 2 (sport model).
    No need to wait for a possible autumn release of a, so far imaginary, Google-branded Pixel watch. The Huawei watch 2 is a very nice watch. Unfortunately it may not be available in the land of the free because the US government has a number of problems with the Huawei brand. I have been wearing mine for nearly three months and am very happy with it. It's a big step up in functionality from the LG G watch R which I had for two whole years before that.

The purpose of such conjecture pages on websites seems to me not to have any other purpose than to stop people buying anything yet. "Don't do it! There's something much better just around the corner or over the horizon.". In the world of smartwatches and smart phones that, of course, is always the case so you might as well never ever buy anything new for the rest of your life.
    Prdrers likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
    The purpose of such conjecture pages on websites seems to me not to have any other purpose than to stop people buying anything yet.
    Ah, but their true purpose is to generate revenue from page views...
    TheJohnP and peagreen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
    The purpose of such conjecture pages on websites seems to me not to have any other purpose than to stop people buying anything yet. "Don't do it! There's something much better just around the corner or over the horizon.". In the world of smartwatches and smart phones that, of course, is always the case so you might as well never ever buy anything new for the rest of your life.
    On the other hand, my current Moto360 is working just fine. Except for the area where the pixels are blacked out near the 11 position.
    So for me, thinking there might be "something much better just around the corner" works.
    peagreen likes this.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

"works for me" is always a good yardstick.
    My LG watch had the black patches problem shortly before the two year warranty ran out and it was replaced without quibble by the retailer. Close to a year on the replacement also showed signs of the same problem just at the time the Huawei watch 2 dropped significantly in price. I didn't need a new one as such, but I wanted it and was not constrained not to get it.
    TheJohnP likes this.

My LG Watch Sport which was supposedly waterproof died because of water damage. smh lol If Google is releasing a Pixel Watch I might have to check it out! ;)

I own the Google pixel and I remember reading they outsourced the production to HTC. I wonder if this will be outsourced to another large corporation as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information