Got a Fossil Q Commuter (Hybrid). Does anybody know how to pair to 2 phones?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delano.888

Thread: Got a Fossil Q Commuter (Hybrid). Does anybody know how to pair to 2 phones?

Question Got a Fossil Q Commuter (Hybrid). Does anybody know how to pair to 2 phones?

So I have gotten a Fossil Q Commuter a few days ago. I love it!
    I was however expecting, that I could pair it to 2 phones. Not connect at the same time! But only pair, so I can switch phones by reconnecting.
    However it doesn't seem to work. I cannot even pair the second phone.

I've paired the watch to phone 1, set everything up, and everything works great!
    However, I can't connect to phone 2. I get into pairing mode (3x vibrate, watch hands spin) but then I always get the same error page (sync error).What I tried:
    -Unpairing from phone 1
    -Removing device from app in phone 1
    -Manually pairing BT on phone 2 (works), and then pairing in app still doesn't work.
    -Pairing in app WHILE pairing in settings menu, still doesn't work.
    Whatever I do, I always get the sync error page, and the watch isn't paired in the app on phone 2. However if I unpair and repair to phone 1, it works perfectly fine. I have other devices that connect to bluetooth on phone 2 and they all work fine, so that phone isn't broken or anything. It even pairs fine in the settings menu and connects as input device, but still, in the app it's not there.

I hope someone here knows, I simply don't understand why it would not be possible if I don't connect to both at the same time. Right?

Thanks!

Moderator German Watches Forum

Re: Got a Fossil Q Commuter (Hybrid). Does anybody know how to pair to 2 phones?

Hello, and welcome to watchuseek.

I have not tried a Fossil Q, but I would look for this: Is there a "support" option
    in the app settings menu?

Thanks,
    rationaltime

Re: Got a Fossil Q Commuter (Hybrid). Does anybody know how to pair to 2 phones?

Oh yeah, I probably should have mentioned that I have already contacted fossil, but after 3 mails back and forth with them not understanding my question, talking about a completely different model, and suggesting things I had already tried (and told them about), I gave up. Their support is actually quite bad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure about the Q commuter watches... For Wear OS it can't be connected to two different phones simultaneously. WearOS watches can only be paired to a second phone by factory resetting WearOS and pairing to phone #2 from scratch. So its not an easy thing to switch back and forth... but again this is with WearOS.

can the Q commuter be factory reset?... and then do a brand new install onto phone #2?

Call them. You don't know where phone call goes but with e-mail it even murkier. Also if they have support forum/twitter/instagram/facebobk/cookbook etc. post on it.
    It should be special!

They don't have a contact nr for my country. In the last mail they advised factory resetting by taking out the battery for 30 seconds. So, I took it out for 30 minutes in stead of seconds, and guess what? Not resetted at all, still kept all the settings. The service people are REALLY not very up to date on their own products.

Anyway in the end I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the fossil app from phone 2, and guess what? It works perfectly now. The watch can even be paired to 2 phones at the same time, simply (dis) connecting bluetooth to switch phone. Which the support staff said was not possible.

But okay, problem solved! I was just expecting a little more from the fossil service department.
    Rocket1991 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by delano.888 View Post
    They don't have a contact nr for my country. In the last mail they advised factory resetting by taking out the battery for 30 seconds. So, I took it out for 30 minutes in stead of seconds, and guess what? Not resetted at all, still kept all the settings. The service people are REALLY not very up to date on their own products.
    I was just expecting a little more from the fossil service department.
    Makes me wonder what Google actually gained by buying Fossil's smartwatch division.

Cool!! Glad you got it to work.

Thread Information