Huawei watch 2 goes into pause mode if my glove presses the button. Any idea on prevention?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kramer5150

Thread: Huawei watch 2 goes into pause mode if my glove presses the button. Any idea on prevention?

Question Huawei watch 2 goes into pause mode if my glove presses the button. Any idea on prevention?

Title just about says it all. It's terribly annoying to get off my bicycle at the end of a 55 minute ride, pull up my sleeve and look at my watch to see it went on pause after 21 minutes.

Re: Huawei watch 2 goes into pause mode if my glove presses the button. Any idea on prevention?

In time-honoured newbie fashion I shall now answer my own question, having figured it out.
    Once you've started recording/tracking an activity, tap the screen of the watch. A bright green PAUSE button and a bright red STOP button appear and above those a modest grey unlocked padlock icon.
    Tap on the padlock to lock the recording and the watch button will no longer immediately pause the recording. If you press the button you will be prompted to tap the screen to unlock and then you can pause or stop or even lock it again.
    Sorry to have bothered anybody.

Re: Huawei watch 2 goes into pause mode if my glove presses the button. Any idea on prevention?

Try and switch it over to the other wrist?? Maybe theres something in your bike setup and ride ergonomics, that causes you to bump the buttons or tap the screen inadvertently. If theres something with your clothing layers that are touching the screen and registering as screen touches. If you are wearing a shell for example and condensation / perspiration collects, it could register a screen touch without you even knowing it. Might also want to try wearing the watch over your sleeves or full wrist gloves.

A cumbersome unlock pattern/procedure might bring up its own set of problems. I know when I am out on the trails mountain biking and backpacking, I'm tired, winded, hydrating, monitoring muscle fatigue / energy levels...etc. I generally don't want to be bothered with excessive "fiddling" when it comes to gear. I just want stuff to be there with minimal obstruction.
    Last edited by kramer5150; February 27th, 2019 at 17:06.
    peagreen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tips. If I still run into problems after having found the "LOCK" function I'll give those a try. I'm *NOT* a top athlete but I like to try and keep track of how much cycling/walking I've done and the routes I followed.

Thread Information