Hybrid Smart Watches? - Need Some Advice
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hybrid Smart Watches? - Need Some Advice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid Smart Watches? - Need Some Advice

Anyone have experience with the Tag Connected, Alpina Smart Watch, Citizen Proximity, Movado Smartwatches, Frederique Constant, Skagen, etc? I have had 2 Apple watches, sold both. I'm looking for something that looks like an actual watch, but provides alerts, basic fitness, sleep, etc. Would be used with iOS.

Thanks!

Re: Hybrid Smart Watches? - Need Some Advice

Actual watch?Do you mean Quartz clock?

Yes, a quartz based / Bluetooth watch ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have these watches.:)sorry.

Someone posted this on other thread,you could have a look.There are many other watches review.NO.1 G6 Smartwatch In-Depth Review - SmartWatch Specifications

IMO, if the watch only has a simple subdial expressing an amount of something, it's not very useful.

Frederique Constant's new smartwatch is an example. It'll tell you one thing you've defined (still not sure what; maybe just step count?) but doesn't have a way to, say, see who's messaged you, act upon those messages (reply, etc), or extend its functions with other apps.

Citizen's Proximity models aren't much better. I've equated their limited functions with a hypothetical office assistant who won't tell you who called or emailed and won't offer a way to send a response. How long would it take for you to fire such an assistant?

TAG's Connected smartwatch is just another Android Wear smartwatch. It doesn't do anything any better than any other Android Wear watch -- except that it's an authentic TAG Heuer instead of a copyright-infringing ripoff.

Samsung says it's making its new Tizen-based watches compatible with iOS. I haven't heard reports yet about how well they tie in.

For now, still, the best option for iOS is the Apple Watch. It can still be used for basic sleep tracking (there's apps for that) and can have added fitness functionality to go with your taste (there's LOTS of apps for that).

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    IMO, if the watch only has a simple subdial expressing an amount of something, it's not very useful.

Frederique Constant's new smartwatch is an example. It'll tell you one thing you've defined (still not sure what; maybe just step count?) but doesn't have a way to, say, see who's messaged you, act upon those messages (reply, etc), or extend its functions with other apps.

Citizen's Proximity models aren't much better. I've equated their limited functions with a hypothetical office assistant who won't tell you who called or emailed and won't offer a way to send a response. How long would it take for you to fire such an assistant?

TAG's Connected smartwatch is just another Android Wear smartwatch. It doesn't do anything any better than any other Android Wear watch -- except that it's an authentic TAG Heuer instead of a copyright-infringing ripoff.

Samsung says it's making its new Tizen-based watches compatible with iOS. I haven't heard reports yet about how well they tie in.

For now, still, the best option for iOS is the Apple Watch. It can still be used for basic sleep tracking (there's apps for that) and can have added fitness functionality to go with your taste (there's LOTS of apps for that).
    Wow...he said he wanted something that looks like an actual watch....and then you go ahead and give him advice on that ugly toy Apple Watch...great....just great....

Just what exactly is your commission?
    Last edited by Buhma55c; December 7th, 2016 at 03:11.

Try something l like the chronos disc, that way you can get all those functions you want with a watch you already have.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buhma55c View Post
    Wow...he said he wanted something that looks like an actual watch....and then you go ahead and give him advice on that ugly toy Apple Watch...great....just great....

Just what exactly is your commission?
    Tell me what part of my post is inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Tell me what part of my post is inaccurate.
    He already said he had two Awatches...but got rid of them... Why try to sell him another one? Your post sounded like a sales pitch for a product he does not want.....in fact the 71% down turn in awatch sales shows that people aren't buying what you are selling....trust me...you sound like an Apple salesman with all your poo pooing of other brands that are just as good or even better than the vaunted Apple watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information