I said I would never have a smart watch

Thread: I said I would never have a smart watch

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    91

    Thumbs Up I said I would never have a smart watch

    Rifft

    I don't know why we didn't think of this sooner. My friend was out in vegas for the technology show and brought a flyer for these back(he knows I'm a watch nerd) If the leather quality is good might be a pretty neat toy. On the other hand it leaves the higher end strap makers room for improvement. I would love to see a water resistant model.

    Name:  demo.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  23.4 KB
    The closest we have come to immortality is the measurement of the very thing that makes us mortal TIME.
    -Jim Pio

  2. #2
    Member 6R15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    GMT -6
    Posts
    6,741

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    I decided to try an Apple Watch Series 2 right before Christmas. First thing it said out the box was that my phone requires iOS 10 (I have an iPhone SE I bought new just two months prior on iOS 9). Returned it the next day to Best Buy.

    Never again.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

  3. #3
    Member BarracksSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    I decided to try an Apple Watch Series 2 right before Christmas. First thing it said out the box was that my phone requires iOS 10 (I have an iPhone SE I bought new just two months prior on iOS 9). Returned it the next day to Best Buy.

    Never again.
    Ran iOS 10 on my 5S (and now SE) just fine. Why wouldn't you upgrade the OS?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member raja_3012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,802

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    Quite honestly speaking.. although technology is my bread and butter but I have never appreciated the concept and the need for smart watches. I understand they are cool and geeky looking but smart watches in their current form are at best mere extensions of your smart phone (in my case an iPhone).

    I workout 4 days a week and I do maintain a clean diet. Never felt the need to monitor my heart rate every hour of the day or how much I slept or how much I move. However I can understand why for some people they need to reminded that you should live a healthier lifestyle.
    ♕ 116500LN | ♕ 126710BLRO | ♕ 116610LV | ♕ 116610LN (LB) | PAM00168

  6. #5
    Member Chasen KM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA - PNW
    Posts
    252

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    Quote Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
    Quite honestly speaking.. although technology is my bread and butter but I have never appreciated the concept and the need for smart watches. I understand they are cool and geeky looking but smart watches in their current form are at best mere extensions of your smart phone (in my case an iPhone).

    I workout 4 days a week and I do maintain a clean diet. Never felt the need to monitor my heart rate every hour of the day or how much I slept or how much I move. However I can understand why for some people they need to reminded that you should live a healthier lifestyle.
    Well currently I'm in a situation where I have a 7+, which is too large too continuously take out of your pocket constantly for simple tasks. The smart watch negates having to touch the phone itself in certain everyday situations which does make it a convenient piece of tech. Not sure id try to follow my diet using it, but it would reduce how much I have to pull out my phone, which is a win


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  7. #6
    G-Shock Mod stockae92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern California - USA
    Posts
    13,892

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    This is interesting, I would love to see reviews and how this turns out.

    I still hope some one would make a "BT notification device" in the size of a clip-on compass :)
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    98

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    Ran iOS 10 on my 5S (and now SE) just fine. Why wouldn't you upgrade the OS?
    Maybe they dont want to upgrade to iOS 10 for jailbreak perhaps?

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    104

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    i like

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    30

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    I decided to try an Apple Watch Series 2 right before Christmas. First thing it said out the box was that my phone requires iOS 10 (I have an iPhone SE I bought new just two months prior on iOS 9). Returned it the next day to Best Buy.

    Never again.
    This might be a stupid question (as I am a stupid person) but - why not just upgrade your phone to iOS 10?

    Al

  11. #10
    Member no-time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    360

    Re: I said I would never have a smart watch

    its says not suitable for a swim, shame hey.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 53
      Last Post: June 1st, 2015, 01:38
    2. Replies: 3
      Last Post: December 27th, 2014, 05:41
    3. Replies: 2
      Last Post: March 31st, 2014, 21:57

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •