Montblanc smart watch
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Montblanc smart watch

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Montblanc smart watch

Trying to 1-up Tag. Everyone's coming out with the story on this, but here's Hodinkee's.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/mo...ng-introducing

I like the military faces quite a bit. It looks good; I didn't see GPS mentioned, tho, and if that's not included...that might be an issue. Still much too big, but you can't go small and keep broad functionality. You shrink display space too much.

The hardware may be about one, at most two, iterations away. Samsung's got their 10 nm process up and running, so a couple of the top-end phone chips are starting to come out. The 10 nm translates to either higher performance, or...more important, I think, for watches...lower power consumption. And Samsung is still saying the next size reduction is slated for next year...8 nm. The display power consumption is likely to be the limiting factor on making significant battery life improvements, tho.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Re: Montblanc smart watch

Another oversized pointless "smartwatch" that maybe 10 people want. Huzzah!

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

That is awesome. Great looking watch - and a price that's pretty competitive. Especially against the Tag Connect. Depending on functionality, I think this could be a big deal. I'd certainly consider one...
    Sevenmack and pook187 like this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Don't underestimate the effect this trend could have on mechanical watches. This could be far more acceptable to a lot of regular watch fans than the Apple Watch look.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

The case looks a bit awkward.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

Quote Originally Posted by Stoshman View Post
    Don't underestimate the effect this trend could have on mechanical watches. This could be far more acceptable to a lot of regular watch fans than the Apple Watch look.
    I agree.

If this face and bezel were available in a suitable size for you, with a Minerva movement, wouldn't you be interested? I don't think the 2 notification icons are always present; they weren't there in different shots.
    Sevenmack and Gary Drainville like this.

I much perfer this form factor to the Apple Watch. My only reservation is that its a little large. The price point is good imo.

Clearly Richemont wants in on the action that LVMH (Tag Heuer) was first to jump on. The Connected watch, for those who don't know, was deemed a success.

Biver said that over 56,000 people bought one in the year it's been out, tripling expected sales. Not by any means pushing Apple volume, but that's not the point. Tag's strategy is to use the Connected as a gateway drug.

Keep in mind, the target market is not us. It's aimed at those who want an alternative to the Apple Watch in stainless steel. Priced near the same too. The only problem I see is that Montblanc is not Tag in terms of marketing reach. I'm not really sure how they will be able to reach their target market of Millennials like myself. If I remove from my brain my WIS knowledge about Montblanc watches, all that comes to mind is "old man pens" and mediocre luxury leather goods. No offense you pen guys.
    Bell & Ross BR V2-93 GMT
    Casio G Shock Metal Square GMWB5000-1
    Glycine Airman DC-4 Purist
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster 300
    Rolex Datejust 36
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY211C
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Nightdiver WAY108A

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    That is awesome. Great looking watch - and a price that's pretty competitive. Especially against the Tag Connect. Depending on functionality, I think this could be a big deal. I'd certainly consider one...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Stoshman View Post

I agree. I'm not an Apple watch guy but if I were to go with a smart watch I'd want mine to look like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jephen View Post
    Keep in mind, the target market is not us. It's aimed at those who want an alternative to the Apple Watch in stainless steel.
    Actually, it is us, to a degree. It's for the WIS who wants the fitness monitoring at least some of the time, but doesn't want something that looks like a MedicAlert bracelet. So, it becomes a situational piece, like the good dress watch or the beater for the beach.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information