Need help please fitness trackers
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need help please fitness trackers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help please fitness trackers

I like the look of Suunto watches, they look rugged, there military watches and they have the features I need but I don’t know if there accurate or not.

I was thinking about either getting a Suunto, Garmin or Fitbit but don’t know which is the most accurate for fitness.

I want a fitness tracker for:
    Swimming
    Counting steps
    Calories
    Heart rate
    Sleep
    Weight lifting
    Maybe weather and temperature
    GPS
    Got a good app for iOS

What is the most accurate fitness watch for these things ? I heard Fitbit ionic is the best for heart rate and calories but it looks ugly as an everyday wear watch/fitness tracker.

Can you watch enthusiasts help please
    Thanks in advance peeps

Re: Need help please fitness trackers

Quote Originally Posted by Bliizard View Post
    I like the look of Suunto watches, they look rugged, there military watches and they have the features I need but I donít know if there accurate or not.

I was thinking about either getting a Suunto, Garmin or Fitbit but donít know which is the most accurate for fitness.

Swimming
    Counting steps
    Calories
    Heart rate
    Sleep
    Weight lifting
    GPS
    Got a good app for iOS

What is the most accurate fitness watch for these things ? I heard Fitbit ionic is the best for heart rate and calories but it looks ugly as an everyday wear watch/fitness tracker.

Thanks in advance peeps
    I don't know why you're not considering an Apple Watch, especially when asking for iOS integration.

Maybe clarify what you're talking about for weightlifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Bliizard View Post
    I like the look of Suunto watches, they look rugged, there military watches and they have the features I need but I don’t know if there accurate or not.

I was thinking about either getting a Suunto, Garmin or Fitbit but don’t know which is the most accurate for fitness.

Swimming
    Counting steps
    Calories
    Heart rate
    Sleep
    Weight lifting
    GPS
    Got a good app for iOS

Thanks in advance peeps
    I’ve had Garmin, Fitbit and am currently using my Apple Watch 3 cellular for fitness activities- mostly running and workout tracking. While the Apple Watch has the best iOS integration (surprise, surprise) I have found the Garmin to be the most accurate. The app is pretty good, too, and has a large user Community if you’re into the social side of the apps.

Are you looking at any specific models?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How much accuracy is sufficient? It depends of the purpose for tracking the fitness. If it is for well being then I am sure most of the smartwatches are more than accurate. If it's for professional use (e.g. athlete) then you'll need to research more about the features and the market offering. There is no best watch for everything. You need to prioritize the features and performance based on your needs.
    Rocket1991 and peagreen like this.

I have tried a few, finally stopped searching after picking up the Fenix 5x a month ago. Pretty much does everything you listed and it is a tank on the durability end.

Currently I am testing a Garmin Fenix 3 I got from a friend of mine, for few days, in exchange for my Apple Watch 3 (which he is also testing). I am looking also for a rugged smart-ish watch to purchase beside the AW, specifically for mountain hiking, sea swimming, vacations (when I need the battery for few days).

So far I am very disappointed in the Fenix. The user experience is so much worst than on an AW, it is like going back in time from using a smartphone to a cell phone from the 90's - 00's. I will list here the positives and negatives I found so far.

Positives:
    1. Battery life - specs state that it can last for up to 2 weeks in watch only mode, so clearly it doesn't compare to the AW's 2 days
    2. Rugged - seems more solid than an AW but not as solid as a G-Shock. The bezel takes scratches easily
    3. Water resistance to 100 m, compared to 50 m on the AW
    4. Lots of activity modes and all kinds of advanced features for athletes. This may be a plus for professional athletes but is is also a pain point for amateurs who only want to exercise more without going in depth with the analysis. More on that in the negatives
    5. Always on screen - although some consider it as a plus, I don't really care about it, especially since the screen resolution and quality is so poor (see below for more details)

Negatives:
    1. Usability - this is by far the worst thing on the Fenix. There is no touch screen so everything is achieved via the 5 buttons. Very arcane and complicated. There is no fast access to the data or the widgets you need mostly - you need to go through menus and scroll.
    2. Screen - there is no comparison to the AW' screen. They are built with different technologies, but on the Fenix, you can barely see the data on screen, under the sunlight, or in dark conditions (it has some a backlight but it is very weak). I understand that the emphasis was on low power consumption, but to me the screen is so poor it doesn't matter it uses little power.
    3. Screen customization - there is very limited customization one can do on what on-screen data. There are no complications as on the AW, so I cannot have 3 different time zones on the screen, for example. I understand you can download additional faces and widgets but they are all fixed.
    4. Activity complexity - as I wrote on the positives, there are a lot of activities, but they are complex to start and setup. I am still assessing this feature so my view may change.
    5. Versatility - again, there is no comparison to the AW (or Samsung). The Fenix is a focused sports watch and that's it. You won't be able to see your next meeting or get a reminder about it, or get calls on the watch. You won't have too many apps to install and use. You can use the AW for sports activities in the same way as the Fenix, but you won't be able to use the Fenix for anything else.
    6. Size - this thing is humongous so it depends on your wrist size but you won't be able to wear it with a shirt for example (smart casual). It is purely a sports watch, suitable with sports wear.
    7. No HR sensor - I have the non-HR, sapphire version and this is a big downside for me.
    8. Price - a Fenix 3 and 5 is so much more expensive than an AW (compared with the aluminium version).
    9. Software support - there is no one better than Apple at supporting their products for a long time

So far I think the AW and the Samsung Watch are the best and most versatile on the market. They can do anything and with a sports case, they can become as rugged as the Fenix and take some good beating without breaking. You can go mountain hiking with them in the morning and then go to dinner in the evening.

No wrist monitor will be accurate, technology just isn't there. If you want true accuracy need one that supports external heart monitor. I like garmin vivoactive 3, i found fenix just to heavy and bulky. currently I wear versa and i missed ability to connect with external HRM but versa is so light i dont even know i'm wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by raf1919 View Post
    No wrist monitor will be accurate, technology just isn't there. If you want true accuracy need one that supports external heart monitor. I like garmin vivoactive 3, i found fenix just to heavy and bulky. currently I wear versa and i missed ability to connect with external HRM but versa is so light i dont even know i'm wearing it.
    When I had the Apple Watch Series 0, I test its HR against medical equipment at my cardiologist. The measurements of the AW were pretty much spot on, within 2-3 BPM difference. So I'd trust my AW 3 HR should be pretty good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by utzelu View Post
    When I had the Apple Watch Series 0, I test its HR against medical equipment at my cardiologist. The measurements of the AW were pretty much spot on, within 2-3 BPM difference. So I'd trust my AW 3 HR should be pretty good as well.
    That's not valid comparison. You need to test through whole workout and plenty of you tubers have. For steady state cardio it's good enough but for weight lifting optical wrist based stand no chance to chest ecg.

Problem is 2 fold. Muscle flexion in arm causes delay in readings and optical has a lag and since weight lifting causes spikes you miss those. I have trained with both and after a set my chest hrm right away show 150bpm and wrist is 90. 30s later chest down to 120 and wrist just now getting to 120.

Outside of weight lifting my wrist based was fine during cardio. OP mention weight lifting so only reason I bring it up. If must cardio and apple fitbit will all do fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Donít forget that every AW supports Bluetooth HR chest straps.

Thereís also at least one company who makes an armband that lets you wear the AW on your bicep, which seems to give more consistent readings than what it can get from your wrist during a weight training workout.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information