New TAG Heuer Connected Smartwatch For 2020
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New TAG Heuer Connected Smartwatch For 2020

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    There are so many nice watches out there and each time I visit this forum, I almost always stumble upon another watch I'd like to wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    Run away while you still can!

Re: New TAG Heuer Connected Smartwatch For 2020

430 mah battery lasts 1 day?
    It's a joke?
    Samsung, Garmin... get you about a week on same size or more.
    JCB43 likes this.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    430 mah battery lasts 1 day?
    It's a joke?
    Samsung, Garmin... get you about a week on same size or more.
    Nope thats for real. No WearOS watch with a 400~430 mah battery gets longer than ~1.5 days. And thats with almost all smart features turned off. The software operating system is extremely power hungry just sitting idle doing nothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    Nope thats for real. No WearOS watch with a 400~430 mah battery gets longer than ~1.5 days. And thats with almost all smart features turned off. The software operating system is extremely power hungry just sitting idle doing nothing.
    Name:  c822b3ae-ade0-4d4a-9e74-e5a8c27f8125.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  49.3 KB
    Why buy them?
    Even Apple with cellular connection is better! What this watch his doing? Platform, Snapdragon 3100 is very similar to Samsung BTW.
    I got sense people at Google ahem Alphabet are fully detached from reality (customers) but it seem they obey laws of expanding universe and detach more and more as time goes by.
    It should be special!

Why buy them?

Even Apple with cellular connection is better! What this watch his doing? Platform, Snapdragon 3100 is very similar to Samsung BTW.
    I got sense people at Google ahem Alphabet are fully detached from reality (customers) but it seem they obey laws of expanding universe and detach more and more as time goes by.
    It's finally a smart watch that looks like a watch.
    Apple watch is a nice piece of plastic on the wrist.
    peagreen and JCB43 like this.

Why buy them?
    Sadly for android users WearOS and its ~1.5 day battery performance is about as good as it gets, if you still want an app ecosystem and full support. Its been this way since the earliest days of Android Wear, so its nothing new. Samsung, Garmin and other Android compatible brands do have some apps, but not as many as Apple or WearOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
    There are plenty of Garmins and Suuntos with sapphire. Top models are titanium and full list of niceties. Samsung is quality piece and nothing to complain about it.
    Apple has very solid materials too. I don't know here these notions of plastic coming from?
    I know for sure there are cheap options but apple is not one of them.
    It should be special!

I have a fossil gen-4 explorist on WearOS. I really do like it... but its battery stinks. I take it off the overnight charger at 6:30 AM, and I turn EVERYTHING off during the day except the bluetooth radio to buzz my wrist for text message notifications. By about 7~8PM the battery is down to 10%...

Quote Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
    There have been LOTS of smart watches over the past several years that (on a casual look) have the appearance of a round-face traditional watch. They all use a digital image display, as opposed to physical / mechanical components. So there is no getting around that difference, even with the TAG smart watches.

There are hybrids though that use physical watch hands suspended over a digital display dial. Those are really nice, but they have limited "smart" functionality.

Nothing on the outside of the Apple watch is made of plastic. Its made of glass, synthetic crystal, silicone and various metals.
    Last edited by kramer5150; March 15th, 2020 at 19:58.
    Rocket1991 and BarracksSi like this.

There have been LOTS of smart watches over the past several years that (on a casual look) have the appearance of a round-face traditional watch. They all use a digital image display, as opposed to physical / mechanical components. So there is no getting around that difference, even with the TAG smart watches.

There are hybrids though that use physical watch hands suspended over a digital display dial. Those are really nice, but they have limited "smart" functionality.

Nothing on the outside of the Apple watch is made of plastic. Its made of glass, synthetic crystal, silicone and various metals.
    Apple watch is nice but it's a horrible little shape. Nothing about it seems to relate to horology.
    I bought one for my wife. I would never wear one.

The idea of a Tag Carrera on the wrist but as a smart watch is a great next step in technology.
    It's designed as a watch first. I'm hoping to pick one up.
    JCB43 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information