I never thought selecting a good smart/sport watch would be that hard. I'm an Android user (Huawei Mate 9). I love watches and own several of them in different price categories.
Now i want a smart/sport watch for everyday use in the office, walking, hiking, cycling.
- i want an accurate wrist HR sensor
- Accurate GPS
- i want to see live information about speed, distance! (in meters, not steps), altitude! (in meters) difference and total altitude, HR,...
- Needs to be watertight for at least 50m (for swimming).
- Needs to have strap change capability, so i can use it everywhere.
- retrace route option
- build in Deezer support (music)
- Very good battery life
- Always on function would be nice (with good battery life!)
- Phone functions: needs to have notifications (call, SMS, emails,...) but i don't really need an option to replay on notifications.
I've maybe missed a function or two that i would like, but this is close. I don't have big wrists, so huge watches look strange on me.
Function i have problems getting good info about is distance in altitude (both in meters!). I can see a lot of watches don't have that, are not accurate or have only steps/floors option.
I've checked many brands so far...:
Suunto: too big and NO music
Garmin: Fenix 5 Plus: Huge, very expensive, no Deezer support.
645 Music: interesting but don't really like the design, no Deezer. I don't know about distance/altitude in meters option? Maps and retrace option? Different straps, phone connection?
FitBit Ionic: No distance/altitude in meters, looks funny. No maps, retrace option. Accuracy?
Samsung Gear S3: not sure about distance/altitude option? Waiting for S4 to come out soon. Probably no maps and retrace option. Accuracy of HR and GPS?
I would be happy for any input about these watches if they have functions that i'm not sure about. Or any other watch that i missed.