Selecting a smart/sport watch is HARD!

Thread: Selecting a smart/sport watch is HARD!

Selecting a smart/sport watch is HARD!

I never thought selecting a good smart/sport watch would be that hard. I'm an Android user (Huawei Mate 9). I love watches and own several of them in different price categories.

Now i want a smart/sport watch for everyday use in the office, walking, hiking, cycling.

- i want an accurate wrist HR sensor
    - Accurate GPS
    - i want to see live information about speed, distance! (in meters, not steps), altitude! (in meters) difference and total altitude, HR,...
    - Needs to be watertight for at least 50m (for swimming).
    - Needs to have strap change capability, so i can use it everywhere.
    - retrace route option
    - build in Deezer support (music)
    - Very good battery life
    - Always on function would be nice (with good battery life!)
    - Phone functions: needs to have notifications (call, SMS, emails,...) but i don't really need an option to replay on notifications.

I've maybe missed a function or two that i would like, but this is close. I don't have big wrists, so huge watches look strange on me.
    Function i have problems getting good info about is distance in altitude (both in meters!). I can see a lot of watches don't have that, are not accurate or have only steps/floors option.

I've checked many brands so far...:
    Suunto: too big and NO music
    Garmin: Fenix 5 Plus: Huge, very expensive, no Deezer support.
    645 Music: interesting but don't really like the design, no Deezer. I don't know about distance/altitude in meters option? Maps and retrace option? Different straps, phone connection?
    FitBit Ionic: No distance/altitude in meters, looks funny. No maps, retrace option. Accuracy?
    Samsung Gear S3: not sure about distance/altitude option? Waiting for S4 to come out soon. Probably no maps and retrace option. Accuracy of HR and GPS?

I would be happy for any input about these watches if they have functions that i'm not sure about. Or any other watch that i missed.

Re: Selecting a smart/sport watch is HARD!

My guess would be the new galaxy smartwatch. Unless you own an iPad as well, then you can go apple watch.
    Apple has managed to build on every one else's failures.
    The new apple watch is due next month, rumor is that the form will change to round, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel35 View Post
    I never thought selecting a good smart/sport watch would be that hard. I'm an Android user (Huawei Mate 9). I love watches and own several of them in different price categories.

Now i want a smart/sport watch for everyday use in the office, walking, hiking, cycling.

- i want an accurate wrist HR sensor
    - Accurate GPS
    - i want to see live information about speed, distance! (in meters, not steps), altitude! (in meters) difference and total altitude, HR,...
    - Needs to be watertight for at least 50m (for swimming).
    - Needs to have strap change capability, so i can use it everywhere.
    - retrace route option
    - build in Deezer support (music)
    - Very good battery life
    - Always on function would be nice (with good battery life!)
    - Phone functions: needs to have notifications (call, SMS, emails,...) but i don't really need an option to replay on notifications.

I've maybe missed a function or two that i would like, but this is close. I don't have big wrists, so huge watches look strange on me.
    Function i have problems getting good info about is distance in altitude (both in meters!). I can see a lot of watches don't have that, are not accurate or have only steps/floors option.

I've checked many brands so far...:
    Suunto: too big and NO music
    Garmin: Fenix 5 Plus: Huge, very expensive, no Deezer support.
    645 Music: interesting but don't really like the design, no Deezer. I don't know about distance/altitude in meters option? Maps and retrace option? Different straps, phone connection?
    FitBit Ionic: No distance/altitude in meters, looks funny. No maps, retrace option. Accuracy?
    Samsung Gear S3: not sure about distance/altitude option? Waiting for S4 to come out soon. Probably no maps and retrace option. Accuracy of HR and GPS?

I would be happy for any input about these watches if they have functions that i'm not sure about. Or any other watch that i missed.
    Fenix 5 plus does have Deezer support. See: https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/...1242309-Garmin

That is in addition to Spotify and others.

The 5s version isn't that big, case is 42mm wide.

Price could be a concern though, but it's a lot of watch for the money.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    - Casio G-Shock MR-G G1000B-1A
    - Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF
    - Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW9400-1
    - Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1
    - Casio Protrek PRW-50FC
    - Longines Hydroconquest L3.781.4.56.6
    - Seiko Samurai Great White Shark edition SRPD23K1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

+1 for the Fenix. I have the regular 5 so no music support but the thing is a tank. Is it on the bigger side? Very much so, but it doesn't really look out of place in today's smartwatch race.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Vote for Fenix too, good quality and diverse functional

Inactive

Suunto 9 Baro.

I have music on my smart phone - which has a much finer DAC than you'd find in any watch ...and wrists of 7 inches plus can handle the size comfortably.

Plus I find the looks of the Garmin Fenix watches to already be quite dated now.

Are you intending to have your phone and watch on you at the same time or are you looking for a watch-only solution?

The Samsung series of watches can have Google maps on them but if you have your phone on you I would way prefer that over anything on your watch. It's just so impractical to have to look at your wrist for a map when you can have a 5 inch screen in your hand in a couple of seconds

Thread Information