smart watch vs traditional watch and a smart phone vs a hybrid mechanical watch and a smart watch to
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Docwein

Thread: smart watch vs traditional watch and a smart phone vs a hybrid mechanical watch and a smart watch to

smart watch vs traditional watch and a smart phone vs a hybrid mechanical watch and a smart watch to

Just want to see if anyone has any ideas on the smart watch craze. I think for myself I would probably keep my tradition watch and smart phone separate instead of going to the smart watch as the battery life on my smart phone is bad enough as it is. I would only consider the Kairos smart watch as it is a traditional auto watch and a smart Bluetooth connected separate function not connected to the watch itself. It will connect to the phone via Bluetooth and give prompts to the watch and show in a transparent display in the crystal. It looks like a standard watch till it receives a signal and displays emails,texts weather and other items. Its looks like it will be priced about the same as a good smart watch is starting about $450. It goes up in price with the better movements. The battery is not too bad as it says it will last for 4-7 days being it doesn't have to stay on except when it is receiving some info. It goes dormant till then.
    I don't think I'll be getting rid of my watches as it is not good for swimming and other sports where you don't want to have a phone close by. Nothing can replace a Patek, Rolex or a Breitling.

Re: smart watch vs traditional watch and a smart phone vs a hybrid mechanical watch and a smart watc

I just purchased the Kairos t-band. Now I can wear my traditional watches and get the smart options I require too.
    Last edited by Docwein; December 26th, 2014 at 18:34.
    propnut48 likes this.

Re: smart watch vs traditional watch and a smart phone vs a hybrid mechanical watch and a smart watc

I think that a smartwatch can better justify a mechanical over a quartz for a second watch. The smartwatch would be used for the workday, and the battery-free mechanical for home, weekends, and vacations.

Read the Moto360 thread for an owner's thoughts of how his smartwatch has taken over many duties for him.

Myself, well, I may find out by next summer. My wife is pretty interested in getting one, and I'll be the guinea pig.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator German Watches Forum

Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi View Post
    My wife is pretty ... and I'll be the guinea pig.
    Shouldn't your wife be the, ahh, primary test engineer?

Thanks,
    rationaltime

Thread Information