Smartwatch required for medical reasons.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Smartwatch required for medical reasons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smartwatch required for medical reasons.

Hi all, I apologise in advance if I've put my first post in the wrong place.

Following advice from my doctor, I'm reaching out to those in the know and look for suggestions on a watch that will suit my needs. A few years ago, I had a couple of seizures, these left me with several issues, but mostly my memory has suffered the greatest. I have retrograde and anterograde amnesia, meaning I cannot remember things from a long time ago, recently and in the future, this is worrying as I have to take medication at set times of the day. I have a Motorola MotoG7 Power phone, which has alarms set, but I sometimes forget to take it with me, so that's a pain and causes me to worry a lot. My doctor suggested buying a smart/android watch and using it to sync with the phone and use it to remind me to take my medication. I do have other physical problems, but they aren't related to my main issue. I'm in the UK, can no longer work because of my conditions, so finances are limited, I can budget to about £200 for a watch, I know that isn't a lot of money and I can't expect to purchase something all singing or dancing, but I hope it's enough to buy a watch that will give me what I need and peace of mind. If I have to stretch my finances a little further I will, but not by much.

So, based on the above, could anyone suggest a watch that can offer me some reassurance and security.

Thank you.

DT.

Re: Smartwatch required for medical reasons.

Any of the G-Shock watches will have multiple alarms. I, too, have epilepsy and had to take medication every six hours for many years. I wish you the best, dealing with this diagnosis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Moved to the right sub forum. Newbies should familiarize with our fora prior to posting.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cincifan View Post
    Any of the G-Shock watches will have multiple alarms. I, too, have epilepsy and had to take medication every six hours for many years. I wish you the best, dealing with this diagnosis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    G-shock would be your best bet for the price and what you need.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Agreed with other posters, a smart watch is not necessary. Casio has a lot of offerings at a much more reasonable price. In their G-shock range I think all watches offer a 5 alarm function. In addition solar powered and radio/bluetooth controlled options are nice to have. This way your watch will always stay accurate, even during day light savings etc.
    The cheapest G-shock that I know of with 5 alarms, solar and radio control is the gw-b5600-2er (72 pounds https://www.amazon.de/Casio-Herren-D...a-563723320475
    The cheapest G-schock with 5 alarms is the GW-M5610 (54 pounds https://www.amazon.de/casio-gorillaz...c=1&th=1&psc=1)
    Casio has several other watches (not g-shock) with 5 alarms such as the Casio ae-1200wh (also known as the casio royal) (26 pounds https://www.amazon.de/Casio-Collecti...c=1&th=1&psc=1)

Any of them would do the job. Good luck.
    mtnmdc likes this.

any smart watch. Technically alarms and reminders are different.
    Apple watch has health part but it won't work with android phone.
    It's one thing you have 5 alarms (Casio not specifically G-Shock) and other you have unlimited reminders in the calendar.
    It should be special!

The advantage of the smart watch in your case and, especially if you often forget your phone is that the calendar and therfore reminders can be synced. The watch can remind you to take your meds, even if the phone is not nearby.

I love my Galaxy watch from Samsung.

Thank you for your replies/suggestions, I've actually looked at a Casio, I've had a Casio SGW-1000 3439 for what might be 7-8 years and apart from one new battery, it's been superb until recently. Sometimes the alarm fails or the screen might go blank, but it's been a brilliant unit and it only cost me £45 at the time. So, temptation to try another one high very high. I'll better do some research.

DT.
    If it wasn't for pickpockets, I wouldn't have a sex life.

You may look for some with vibration alarms there are few models in Casio line both non G and G.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickytikka View Post
    I have a Motorola MotoG7 Power phone, ...
    Because of this, your best bets are what have been mentioned already -- Casios with multiple alarms. If you can score a new smartphone, then you can start shopping for a proper smartwatch.

(edit) Wait, so Motorola is still making modern phones? And this one runs Android? Scratch what I just said about Casios and start looking at Android Wear watches. I haven't got any specific recommendations since I've been on Apple for years, but any of them will let you label your reminders so that you know what they're about. Can't do that with simple beeping alarms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information