Smartwatches - Page 4
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Smartwatches

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Smartwatches

What I would love is a watch for everyday use that removes all the fitness stuff, but handles messaging really well. I have the garmin instinct for fitness and navigation etc. Is there such a thing. I think the galaxy watch comes close but if only they could get rid of the health app I reckon the battery would last over a week. I also have the amazfit gtr, which has great battery life (probably 2 weeks) but the messaging is a bit limited. The screen is up there with the galaxy watch though. So is there a watch with a nice screen like the galaxy watch or gtr that has messaging sorted with little or no fitness stuff and over a week of battery life? Oh and looks like a real round watch.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I visited the Fitbit site yesterday and remembered another reason I don't like them: They are not round. All their devices are square or oblong, sometimes with blunted corners. I want my watch to be round.

Quote Originally Posted by randb View Post
    What I would love is a watch for everyday use that removes all the fitness stuff, but handles messaging really well. I have the garmin instinct for fitness and navigation etc. Is there such a thing. I think the galaxy watch comes close but if only they could get rid of the health app I reckon the battery would last over a week. I also have the amazfit gtr, which has great battery life (probably 2 weeks) but the messaging is a bit limited. The screen is up there with the galaxy watch though. So is there a watch with a nice screen like the galaxy watch or gtr that has messaging sorted with little or no fitness stuff and over a week of battery life? Oh and looks like a real round watch.

It's more in realm of hybrid watches. Thing is market has spoken and fitness is the king. anyone who missed on this train are at loss.
    See difference between Apple fist and second gen watches.
    There are plenty of smartwatches without HR sensor which technically limits fitness part.
    It should be special!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by randb View Post

I don't think this exists. The good handling of messaging alone is going to limit your choices to Apple or WearOS (depending on which phone you are on). AFIAK they are the only options for watch-responding to text messages. Thats really the main reason I wear a Fossil (WearOS), it handles text messaging really well paired with my android phone. I don't even take the phone out of my pocket. Unfortunately for you they all have fitness tracking capabilities. Furthermore, WearOS needs the heart rate sensor to detect wrist-presence. So even if I turn off all heart-rate monitoring, it still flashes the HR sensor once in a while to detect wrist wear. My amazfit stratos does the same thing with its HR sensor.

.. and with either apple or WearOS you can forget about 1 week battery. 1.5~2 day battery tops in either case as a basic bluetooth notifier/responder.

I just got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and love it - incredibly functional, especially as an avid runner and biker. However, I do like how my Citizen Promaster looks enough to keep that as a daily wearer.
    Rocket1991 likes this.

Smartwatches

I have been off of this site for a while and checked in to see is anybody had anything about the new G Shock smart/exercise watch. In response to this thread, I have sent Apple Watches and Garmins in to be repaired. In this time of COVID 19 my smart watches are lifesavers since our geriatric receptionists are furloughed and I am answering my own phone which is forwarded to my cell.

I agree it is hard going from active to sedentary. Everything about your active life that remains is a painful reminder. I had to give up distance running and removed all medals from the house. I also donated my collection of running memorabilia and autographs to a local college. That’s why one needs to enjoy every day that you get to frolic in the sun.

I am of the belief that smart watches will dominate the market. They are just too useful. It is nice looking at your wrist to determine whether you need a coat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Moderator German Watches Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RandM View Post
    I have been off of this site for a while and checked in to see is anybody had anything about the new G Shock smart/exercise watch.

I am of the belief that smart watches will dominate the market. They are just too useful. It is nice looking at your wrist to determine whether you need a coat.
    Welcome back.

That was a little humor, right? I just checked, and the noon report at Hobby
    shows 88F. Barring funerals when is the next time you expect to wear a coat?

Thanks,
    rationaltime

As an attorney by trade, I am hoping that they reopen the courthouses in my lifetime. Would have to rest one then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RandM View Post
    I have been off of this site for a while and checked in to see is anybody had anything about the new G Shock smart/exercise watch. In response to this thread, I have sent Apple Watches and Garmins in to be repaired. In this time of COVID 19 my smart watches are lifesavers since our geriatric receptionists are furloughed and I am answering my own phone which is forwarded to my cell.

I agree it is hard going from active to sedentary. Everything about your active life that remains is a painful reminder. I had to give up distance running and removed all medals from the house. I also donated my collection of running memorabilia and autographs to a local college. That’s why one needs to enjoy every day that you get to frolic in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Desfit has a review here: I haven't watched it though... the display screen is too small for my preference (shrug)
    https://youtu.be/Bt8GSFPJsKM

jar

I've been using the Samsung SIM card smart watches for about five years or so. I began with the Samsung Gear "S" and a few years later added a Samsung Gear "S3". During the current lockdown the "S" finally reached retirement stage, it will no longer hold a charge and the case has broken so it doesn't stay on the charger without a rubber band to hold it in place and one of the prongs that contact the SIM card broke and was kinda/sorta soldered back in place. I replaced the "S" with a Samsung Galaxy watch (small size).

For medical reasons I wanted a watch that was also a phone and the Samsung line has been great. They connect using Bluetooth when I am near the cell phone but also remain connected remotely even when I'm out and about with the cell phone still at home. Battery life has been acceptable, slightly more than two days and I keep one turned off and on the charger at all times.
    Last edited by jar; 54 Minutes Ago at 02:36.
    Rocket1991 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information