Smartwatches
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Smartwatches

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smartwatches

Sorry if it seems like a slow day. But what are everyone's views on smartwatches? I think they are a great tool and should be appreciated as a tool that is an accessory to our phone.

I love watches of all kinds from mechanical to quartz. I believe that smartwatches are here to stay for the long haul. If anything it gets most of the general public in the habit of wearing something on their wrist.

Yes I own and wear my smartwatch on a daily basis. But I'm using it as a step counter and sleep tracker as my fitness and sleep has been terrible lately. Since I've started wearing it, the watch has made me more cognizant of how inactive I was. What's nice is I can change the watchface and it looks like a new watch all the time even though it's the same watch. Not too dissimilar from changing straps on our favorite watches to change the look.

Also I've noticed that it has made me appreciate my mechanical watches more. Every time I look at the gear s3 frontier it makes me miss my other watches that little bit more but also makes me be amazed at the technology in a mechanical watch.

I'm following my self imposed rule of 1 watch per year. Next year I will be back to wearing a mechanical watch again. Going to be on the hunt for a yellow dial speedy.

Re: Smartwatches

Well, it's time to start this one up again. My view, not a watch.

I have a ZeTime as my smartwatch. I love it. One of the main reasons I love it is because it has analog hour and minute hands, that sit "on top" of the LCD screen. This gives it the aesthetics of a mechanical watch, but with the smart functionality that, quite frankly, is very useful for many reasons. A number of people that have seen me wear it have asked if it was a Movado, given the silver hands on completely black dial (the LCD is not lit 24/7, so most of the time it's just dark). Ironic, because I actually own a Movado Museum Classic as well. Anyways, my biggest gripe about smartwatches is that they don't look or feel like a "watch", more like a tablet on your wrist. This is why I love the ZeTime so much, as I feel it gives a great blend between the digital and analog components (bonus points also because it came, by default, with a bracelet and not a strap).

Name:  IMG_20190826_154849.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  90.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20190828_164450.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  88.9 KB
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Made the transition to Garmin last year and haven't looked back. Probably going to off load the last of my collection that's worth anything this month. I really do enjoy the notifications without having to pull my phone out

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Rocket1991 and Proflig8tor like this.

Been thinking about trying one out. But not sure how important it is to me to see all notifications instantly...
    On top of that, smartwatches will continue to evolve on a daily basis. Therefore, I dont want to have to upgrade to a new one every year or so (pending how fast changes happen)
    Jay_R likes this.

I like them more than my traditional watches. I like the GPS trail tracking and altimeter readings on my weekend hikes. The daily step count, nightly sleep tracking and text message notifications are really nice too. I like downloading different watch dial faces for my various activities and moods... this keeps things new and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    I like them more than my traditional watches.
    I will fully agree with you, based on qualifying that statement with an added "as a daily wearing watch". I still absolutely love my other watches, my favourite being a Tissot Open Heart. But I wouldn't want to wear it every single day. My ZeTime is perfect for Monday to Friday wearing, and then I rotate my mechanical watches for weekend wear.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

HAQ and AW moderator

Life is too short not to have mechanical and electronic watches.
    Proflig8tor and Jay_R like this.

I think they're very useful. I wear my AW3 about 90% of the time. My commute to work is roughly 50-55 minutes, so I like the hands-free talking capability (state law), as well as controlling music while driving. I also like that the time is always perfectly accurate, and I can see the day's H/L temps with a glance to the wrist. If it tells the time, it's a watch. Saying otherwise is about as ignorant as saying the only real cars are Model-Ts. No mechanical watch you put in front of me will sweep as smooth as the second hand on my AW. Do I think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread? No. Do I think I'm committing some blasphemous act by wearing one? Not at all. I say there's room for all, and we shouldn't limit ourselves based on what others think.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    If I wasn’t spending money on G-Shocks, my wife would be spending it on dumb sh*t like food and bills.

Not this S.t again right?
    Smartwatches are useful and can be your only watch. There is no single line in smartwatches as in mechanical, quartz or digital watches. They different.
    Considering customization options it can be literally anything.
    Anyway smartwatches are popular both among young and senior.
    It's not like they will go away. They here to stay and influence people.
    Like it or not.
    It should be special!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information