"Viosmart 3" OR "Charge hr" together with a real watch?!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Heliotropen

Thread: "Viosmart 3" OR "Charge hr" together with a real watch?!

Question "Viosmart 3" OR "Charge hr" together with a real watch?!

Hi guys, so I have been searching trough this forum for the last few hours and finally just decided to make my first post.

I rock a few luxery watches (and loves them like where they little babies) ...

I can't see myself starting to wear a smart watch instead of these ... these are statements of who i am ... they are not practial - but art ...

At the same time - I'm getting back in shape - and would like to optimise a few things: like my sleep, workouts, habits and so on ...

Do any of you guys have experience with earing a smart bracelet and a watch at the same time?
    (perhaps on each arm) ...

I was looking into the OLD "fitbit charge HR" (cost nothing, but I also like the simle design)
    Also looked a bit at the new "garmin viosmart 3" (not viofit) ... that cost 4-5 times more here in demark ...

Those are the once I could spot that bragged about good software and HR censors - without looking like you are wearing 2 watches haha ...

Any good advices ?

- Helio

Re: "Viosmart 3" OR "Charge hr" together with a real watch?!

Isn't the old Charge HR rather bulky compared to the Vivosmart?

The other question for you is: Are you already settled into either Garmin's or Fitbit's software platform? Do you have other exercise devices -- or are you planning to add more? Garmin has cycling computers and things like that (which can be extended, data-wise, with gadgets like bicycle power meters or foot pods for running shoes). I don't think Fitbit makes anything comparable.

Hmm actually the older Fitbit Charge HR seams less bulky thant he never Vivosmart 3.
    Based on images anyways ...

I'm not settelted into anything but apples health app (and I used myfitnesspal)
    Myfitnesspal is owned by underarmour now - but their stap does not seam to get as good reviews...

I mostly do strength training + rowing + walking ... if I do cycling it will be spinning so wont need the GPS.
    So no cycles computer ...

Considering bying a new scale, but will probably be Nikia body cardio ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotropen View Post
    Hmm actually the older Fitbit Charge HR seams less bulky thant he never Vivosmart 3.
    Based on images anyways ...
    Ah, they're closer in size than I thought. (the Vivosmart 3 is 18.2 mm wide; the ChargeHR is 20 mm wide [0.8 inches])

I'm not settelted into anything but apples health app (and I used myfitnesspal)
    I'd say to try the Fitbit, then, because 1. it's free for you, and 2. it's free. ;) You literally won't lose anything financially if you find that you don't like wearing another bangle.

You should look into how well Fitbit's data integrates into Apple Health, too. I can't say for sure -- I've given up on Fitbit only because I got an Apple Watch instead, and Fitbit doesn't import any data from the AW at all (Fitbit is protecting their own wristband sales, which is understandable).

Yeah but the Vivosmart 3 is allot thicker I think ?

I have watch most video reviews of the two ...

Vivosmart is waterproff though (not the biggest thing for me) ... but it's also a much newer device: and i wonder how outdated the fitbit is ... (I won't buy the charge 2, I just think it looks to much like a watch and won't be wearing two watches).

Think I have read most reviews ...

It says fitbit intigrates flawless with both apple health and myfitnesspal (why would they not?) ...

I haven't worn a wearable before - so vivosmart is a bigger investment also (if I hate it).

I'll double my recommendation for the Fitbit, then. It's like what I tell people if they're unsure about the Apple Watch -- get the cheaper version, which still does the job fine but isn't a big investment, and see if you end up getting a lot of use out of it.

Haha yup ... my rational brain tells me the same: esp because the youtube clips says some of the functions like repcounting on the vivosmart sucks ..

Anyways I could not help but bid on a vivosmart anyways ... will see if I get it ...

- Helio
    BarracksSi likes this.

Ok, cool. Keep us posted about how it goes.

I didn't won xP

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotropen View Post
    I didn't won xP
    Well, then your decision is easier. ;)

Thread Information