Finally did it!!!
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Finally did it!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Finally did it!!!

Hi all,
    Here's a brief update: after a couple months of research and tirelessly looking at different vendors, I pulled the trigger on a Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec. Up until the date of purchase which was yesterday, I had been eyeing the 106487 with the white dial, so I did a lot of homework and called a lot of places for the right price and right warranty package. In the process of that, I lost out on a couple of opportunities which, looking back, was a blessing, since they wouldn't have come with the manufacturer warranty. Then out of nowhere, I found a deal on the 108790, the grey/black Rising Hours!!! I was stoked and ambivalent because, to me, the Rising Hours seemed like a no brainer since the price would have been similar, but functions and aesthetics were better to me. But then the idea of forgoing the 106487 almost seemed like infidelity!!! I was lucky that it didn't get snatched while I waited for a couple hours to research on the Rising Hours.

Honestly, it is still premature because it might be a few weeks before I get the watch. Of course, pix will follow then and so will more details about the purchase. I'd like to thank everyone for the different suggestions and things to look out for. Wish me luck with it!!!

Re: Finally did it!!!

Congrats!!! Very happy for your incoming!
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

That's a very nice addition! Congrats!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So my watch is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'd like a favor from this awesome forum. I know next to nothing about mechanical watches, let alone this awesome one :grin::grin:. I'd like a walk through as to how I should take care of this watch, from when j first receive it to regular maintenance. This may seem silly to you but I wouldn't even know what to do when I first receive the watch. Do I wind it first or adjust the time first? Or it makes no difference at all? I remember the sales rep at an AD saying something about not adjusting the time when the hands are between 8-4 o'clock. So what if the time on the watch is at 9 when it arrives and it needs winding? Some of you maybe laughing already and again I'm totally new to the watch world and would greatly appreciate a walk through from someone. Thank you all very much!!

The issue with adjusting the watch between 8pm and 4am, is to not adjust the date wheel then. Feel free to still change the time during that period.

I would be careful of steam (i used to shower with my bathroom door open and my dresser is right outside the bathroom so when I realized what I was doing, I was paranoid my watch had water damage.

I would be weary of magnets magnetizing your watch, my IWC somehow got magnetized I think and I'm not even sure from what. Last thing is, most Montblanc watches are rated for 3bar, so not very water resistant. 3 bar is good for washing your hands but not purposely getting your watch wet. I would also be careful when sticking your hand out the window when driving because the wind pressure will be stronger than 3bar and might allow dust into your watch.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270

Cool Re: Finally did it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gyang333 View Post
    The issue with adjusting the watch between 8pm and 4am, is to not adjust the date wheel then. Feel free to still change the time during that period.

I would be careful of steam (i used to shower with my bathroom door open and my dresser is right outside the bathroom so when I realized what I was doing, I was paranoid my watch had water damage.

I would be weary of magnets magnetizing your watch, my IWC somehow got magnetized I think and I'm not even sure from what. Last thing is, most Montblanc watches are rated for 3bar, so not very water resistant. 3 bar is good for washing your hands but not purposely getting your watch wet. I would also be careful when sticking your hand out the window when driving because the wind pressure will be stronger than 3bar and might allow dust into your watch.
    Such thoughtful tips, George! Thanks a lot. Yes, I probably heard it wrong from the AD rep and am sure it's the date that they meant.
    I'm about 4 hours away from meeting my new toy. Oh, btw, my daughter just said "Papa" for the first time last night. I'm a happy man.
    Last edited by KL670; April 27th, 2015 at 21:09.
    gyang333 likes this.

So here it is. I can't stop staring at it from the first day I got it. I'm a proud owner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by KL670; April 30th, 2015 at 23:52.

Beautiful Watch!

Very beautiful, I love the Rising Hours concept, and how the hour numerals change between blue and black depending on the time of day.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270

gorgeous! congrats and wear it in good health.

BREMONT - Kingsman DLC
    BREMONT - Solo
    GLYCINE - Airman (Base 22 Mystery)
    FORTIS - Spacematic
    BREITLING - Superocean 42 (limited edition blue)
    SEIKO - Tuna 017
    TAG HEUER - Formula 1 (Calibre 6)
    HAMILTON - Sub Auto

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information