First Montblanc and I am stuck...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JLater

Thread: First Montblanc and I am stuck...

I have always been a big fan of the Nicolas Rieussec design since it was launched years ago but never seem to have the opportunity to own one until very recently...

The 111012 really caught my eye as I was browsing the net last week and I thought that I must have missed the chance again after finding out that it was an limited edition released way back in 2014...

But as luck would have it... I found it on authenticwatches.com! And after some extensive checks and verification with a fellow collector, I pulled the trigger; knowing that they are a reputable seller and the watches they sell are authentic...

So when the watch came to me today and i finally get to see it in person... I was awestruck... the watch was a beauty! And as I was looking through the watch in detail, something caught my eye again... my serial number is.... 001/565?! I couldn’t believe for a sec but have finally come to realize that maybe I have just lucked out for this time!

My dilemma now is whether should I save it for keepsake?! Or sell it if it makes sense?! Or just wear it?!

Let me know what you think?! This is probably my most expensive watch till date! And never expected something like this to ever happen on me!

Last edited by ngsimlim; August 3rd, 2019 at 16:59.

Re: First Montblanc and I am stuck...

Quote Originally Posted by ngsimlim View Post
    I have always been a big fan of the Nicolas Rieussec design since it was launched years ago but never seem to have the opportunity to own one until very recently...

The 111012 really caught my eye as I was browsing the net last week and I thought that I must have missed the chance again after finding out that it was an limited edition released way back in 2014...

But as luck would have it... I found it on authenticwatches.com! And after some extensive checks and verification with a fellow collector, I pulled the trigger; knowing that they are a reputable seller and the watches they sell are authentic...

So when the watch came to me today and i finally get to see it in person... I was awestruck... the watch was a beauty! And as I was looking through the watch in detail, something caught my eye again... my serial number is.... 001/565?! I couldn’t believe for a sec but have finally come to realize that maybe I have just lucked out for this time!

My dilemma now is whether should I save it for keepsake?! Or sell it if it makes sense?! Or just wear it?!

Let me know what you think?! This is probably my most expensive watch till date! And never expected something like this to ever happen on me!
    That picture is taken from the web. Don't you even have a picture of the watch that you can upload? I would say to wear the watch and enjoy it. I have always regretted things that I have bought as keep sakes. This is because when the time comes to sell it / hand down, I realise that I have paid good money for something that I have not got any use out of and the next person actually gets to enjoy it.

People generally won't pay anymore for a specific number so most collectors would put no additional value on it. There might be some hard core guy out there might want that number but the chance of you finding each other at the exact moment you would want to sell is slim to none. Wear the watch and enjoy it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

If you like how it looks on the wrist and it seems like you do, then I say keep it and wear it. If this edition became a sought after piece then it will appreciate no matter what condition its in, and you can atleast enjoy it in the mean time.

Agree with all comments made to date. Not enough demand to justify letting this sit in a safe. Enjoy a truly awesome watch and be happy to show someone if asked how unique it really is.

Also, welcome to the NR club!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sergei T. likes this.

Thread Information