Have you seen the new Hi Frequency MB Chronograph ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Olivier Müller

Thread: Have you seen the new Hi Frequency MB Chronograph ?

Have you seen the new Hi Frequency MB Chronograph ?

Hi folks,

From the SIHH, MB unveiled just one technical modern chronograph based upon a Minerva caliber, the TimeWalker Chronograph 100.

Minerva created a few versions of watches which second hand was able to complete a full 360° circuit of the dial. Precisely this principle is employed by the TimeWalker Chronograph 100 with its newly developed calibre MB M66.25.

Due to its need for a frequency of 360,000 semi-oscillations per hour, the TimeWalker Chronograph 100 cannot rely on the same mechanical principle as a conventional chronograph calibre, which vibrates at 2.5 or 4 hertz. That's why MB developed a caliber with two balances. A large, massy, screw balance oscillates at a frequency of 18,000 A/h (2.5 Hz) for the going train, while a small balance paced at 360,000 A/h (50 Hz) regulates the chronograph.

The chronograph function is powered by its own barrel, which stores enough energy to measure intervals up to 45 minutes.

Concentric hands track the elapsed minutes and seconds on the sub-dial at six o’clock, whilst the red center-seconds hand indicates the 1/100th measurement on the outside ring.

My opinion ?

I just love the finishing of the dial. At the first glance, it appeared quite strange to me, not very sexy to be honnest. But I finally learnt to love its "no compromise", techy, modern look & feel. Because it's a pretty techy piece, as a matter of fact !

Name:  bi-frequence-chron-100-IMG_1417.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  231.5 KB

Name:  montblanc_calibre-mb-m66.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  montblanc_timewalker-chronograph-100_111285.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  54.5 KB
    Journaliste, contributeur associé
    http://twitter.com/O_Muller

Re: Have you seen the new Hi Frequency MB Chronograph ?

The best part (and maybe only good part) of the skeletonization is the integration of the Minerva Arrow in the dial. I wish they had solidified the face and have a "window" showcasing the arrow. This looks a little too Linde Werdelin for my tastes. Awesome movement though! I am interested in seeing how the WIS public accepts putting the MB M66.25 into a watch bearing the Timewalker name, which appears to now be straddling entry-lux (4810 movements), high-lux (LL movements), and high-end (MB MXX.XX movements). Me? I'll judge the individual watch...and this one is one I'd have to see in the flesh.
    Last edited by Roller.959; February 4th, 2014 at 02:04.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Agreed with the Minerva arrow visible...but is it really visible ? If you look at the corporate picture, it is. If you look at the live SIHH pic, it's not.

On the Timewalker / Minerva association topic, not sure to understand your point ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What I also like is, obvously, the monopusher positioned at 12 O'Clock - Bullhead spirit !!
    Roller.959 likes this.

Thread Information